Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center http://www.mskcc.org/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center?
ChloRo29

I spend 3 hours a day commuting to MSK, but it is worth it. As a Mom of young kids, I have the flexibilty to work from home when needed, leave early, shift my schedule to accomodate kids events at school, etc. While not everyone has this luxury, I do not take it for granted. Maternity leave- depending on the level of your position, you can receive 100% of your salary while on disability, and then utilize PTO for the rest of your leave. My 12 weeks was completely covered at 100% of my salary. However, lower level and some hourly positions are not extended the same benefit so this is not true for all MSK employees.

VCing Human Resources

If you are looking for a supportive and team orientated environment, you should consider working at MSKCC.

great_employee2

There is no paid maternity leave from the institution. The hospital does value people who work more than required hours in administration.

mskit IT

When you start working at MSK its like joining a new family. Everything we do here is with the patient in mind. Management treats employees they way they themselves would like to be treated. Many leadership positions in both the clinical and financial/IT world are held by women. Women's views are respected and our voices are heard at all levels. Its an honor and a pleasure to work here.

My job is very accommodating to working mothers. I often need to attend school functions during the work day and my boss never gives me a problem. I don't take advantage of this flexibility, I often will come in early or stay later, do work at home, to make up for my time.

workinglady502 Human Resources

MSK is a great organization to be apart of if you want an ideal work-life balance and still move up within your career.

Grateful39

It is a great place for executive level women. It has great benefits. Professional development opportunities are available for higher level women. It is very competitive and for most your career development is your responsibility.

It depends on the job function.
mskcc_gal2012 Project Coordinator

I have been very lucky in my career at MSKCC and I feel very fulfilled, challenged and respected on a daily basis. Due to the strong relationships I have formed with the faculty members I have worked for, I have already been promoted twice over my 4 year career. This being said, I am acutely aware of some of the observable favoritism. From my perspective, some questionable promotions are handed out to bewilderingly inefficient employees while other stand-outs remain in the same position year after year. However, I think the potential for an outstanding career at MSKCC is very possible, however contingent it may be upon who an employee’s manager happens to be, which I do not personally feel is reflective of one’s talent. This being said, the doctors/faculty will go to bat for you, if you prove yourself to be an asset to the institution. To me, that negates any sort of low-level catty dynamics, which are likely to be present in some way within most work contexts. In terms of flexibility, I think MSKCC is outstanding. They have been extremely flexible with my part-time school schedule, allowing me to flex my hours. A former coworker of mine was a single mother and they also allowed a great deal of understanding and flex-time for her to meet her familial obligations. I also think, based on my personal comparisons to my friends, that the health benefits provided by MSKCC are the top of the top.

Nyctalent

Highly motivating for women, many women in leadership roles looking to positively mentor other women.

Lady GotThere

MSKCC invests in making sure that entry level salaries are above market and then works to retain employees. It succeeds through inertia. Above the entry level, wages stay low. In my group of over 20 people, only three are males. The rest are female. I believe this is because the men know they can get better pay elsewhere and don't take jobs at MSKCC and/or seek better pay sooner once they arrive. However, if money isn't a concern, it is a good place with good people.

Women Review Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 13 reviews Company Website ChloRo29 VCing great_employee2 mskit anon2638 workinglady502 Grateful39 mskcc_gal2012 Nyctalent Lady GotThere