Merck & Co., Inc. http://www.merck.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Merck & Co., Inc.?
Duff

There are flexible options, but be prepared to work like a dog and make up for flex time on off days or at night.

It would depend on the department. Every department is different.
Madam PeterPan Sales

Worked here for over 15 years in different roles and different areas of the country. Women working in HQ have access to many more options than those in field sales, for example: onsite childcare options. Women are treated fairly, but senior leadership is male-dominated, so much so, that the company has recently made a public declaration to diversify senior leadership, with a target of developing women and minorities for leadership positions.

Lady ITgirl Sr. Specialist, IT

I've worked at Merck for over 10 years now. I've consistently been told, since the beginning, by colleagues that Merck was never this way before--its gotten progressively worse. I work in IT, so there is probably 1 woman to every 10-12 men, and there are very few women in management roles. Merger, downsizing, and outsourcing have all taken their toll. Peter Pan syndrome is rampant, and a good many of IT leaders have been put into people management roles they are not well-suited for. A colleague recently said 'we are a rudderless ship' of our smaller organization and I would have to agree.

Depends on field, situation. Some areas promote advancement for women.
Lady Paradise Executive Sales Representative, Sales

I believe women are not earning on par the same salary as their male Counterparts for the same work .

Lady Cassie Director, Medical Affairs

Old School white male culture that even African American leadership has assimilated to continue with no progress for woman. If you are AA male you can lead but about the only minority that succeeds in the higer ranks. Backsliding and lack of vision on goals to raise woman in the ranks. Poor talent management for all regardless of race, gender etc. Good old boy system. Huge talent drain w merge and downsizing. Unable to attract top talent. New leader want to hire mellenials only and age discrimination is rampant.

Lady Smurfalicious Scientist, Discovery Research

I have worked here for over 20 years.. There is a great deal of diversity in the technical staff. This is in contrast to management, that is white-male dominated. Increasingly,I find myself as the only woman at a meeting or on a team. I never thought that it would make me uncomfortable, but it does. There is not a supportive environment of women leaders to serve as mentors. This is the result of women leaving the organization, both voluntarily and involuntarily. The voluntary departures are most disturbing. The This lack of diversity has been noted by company leadership. There are initiatives that are trying to address this, but they are reactionary and I fear are not taken seriously.

Lady Robby062610

I think the company has a lot of flex able options that help working mom's, however I do believe leaving for maternity is held against st the end of the year. When your review is done the time out is held against your rating leaving to fall in a letter wee bracket.

Lady catherine

Management is male dominated. Very few women even in "middle management". High priority placed on PhD, which fewer women have. A few token women in high profile management positions, but definitely not the norm.

Lady deludedmom Associate Director

female leadership positions are few

There are areas that are very flexible
Madam Pickles Scientist

Salary and benefits are just ok.

Women Review Merck & Co., Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Merck & Co., Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 23 reviews Company Website Duff Madam PeterPan Lady ITgirl Lady Paradise Lady Cassie Lady Smurfalicious Lady Robby062610 Lady catherine Lady deludedmom Madam Pickles