Merichem Company www.merichem.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Merichem Company?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Merichem Company to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Weatherford International Inc.

100% might recommend
11/9/16, 11:59 PM

Weatherford is a great place to work IF you work with the right group. Some department managers are not interested in creating great company culture and are more concerned with the bottom line.

Maybe. If you are a woman who understands her worth then yes, I wou ...

Comal Energy Services, LP

10/26/16, 5:24 PM

I enjoy working with my team, and plan to enhance the business with my talent.

9/8/16, 6:47 AM

The company offers many interesting, demanding and rewarding jobs at the forefront of the industry, but still has some potential on work-life-balance for parents. I think we need to contribute to improve the company culture to be more female friendly - or the company will loose the best candidates

Please note: Length of maternity leave subject to local governmental regulations overruling company policies. Maternity leaves worked fine, but more challenging to return to work as not family friendly. I can easily work 50-60 hours per week with some flexibility on when I work (for instance early mornings or weekends). I can't work 4pm-6pm due to pick-up from child care and family dinner. This was respected by local management, but not by international management.
Maybe. The company offers many interesting, demanding and rewarding ...

8/30/16, 2:38 AM

The benefits and materntiy leave benefits are really great. However, SLB is a giant, slow-moving corporate machine. Nothing happens quickly and everyone seems to be stuck doing things how they've always been done. In my department, great suggestions were regularly shot down, but it seemed like they liked to give you hope that it could work and it would just take months for them to finally (officially) shoot your idea down.

There was just a level of drudgery. The work was always exactly the same and there was almost no such thing as moving up. There's was nowhere to move within my department, and my role in marketing communications didn't lend itself to accepting roles outside of the marketing department.

7/30/16, 3:12 PM

Company has introduced a global policy that aims at increasing gender diversity in its male-dominated workforce. Although not comparable to tech companies like Google, better maternity leave policy than most other engineering companies in the USA.

Pioneer Natural Resources

100% might recommend
7/14/16, 4:48 AM

They want to support and promote women but they do not know what that means. Most of the men have stay at home wives. There is a lot of nepotism. They mean well but don't see their biases.

Maybe. If they are a woman and they are an engineer or a geologist ...

5/13/16, 9:44 PM

Schlumberger is a great company to start your career. They will train and challenge you. The company is also demanding in terms of hours and commitment. There is low job security due to the cyclicality of the Oilfield industry resulting in layoffs.

Maybe. I have worked for SLB for the last 13 years, straight out of ...

Transocean Limited

3/14/16, 2:00 PM

Maternity leave falls under ST disability and weeks paid depends on years of service

National Oilwell Varco, Inc.

100% would not recommend
3/6/16, 12:07 AM

Oilfield Men's Club. Poor pay. Not quality individuals who work there. Female boss made it worse.

Baker Hughes

2/11/16, 2:55 PM

Everyone has the opportunity to grow here, but you have to take the initiative and make a space for yourself. Finding an honest mentor can help you determine your strengths and shortcomings, and a good manager will assign challenging projects that will help you move up. If you're not self-motivated and willing to face unfamiliar challenges without a lot of hand-holding, you can stagnate or fail to thrive. Note that technical brilliance is not enough to warrant fast-track advancement here; superlative social/communication skills are also critical.