Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates

www.mcul.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates to join us.

Mars Incorporated Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.8

It is a great company to work for. I feel supported as an associate, and as a woman.

Vail Resorts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Plan to work every weekend through the ski and golf season

International Monetary Fund Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are an economist, you will be in the minority but we are growing! We have goals to raise the number of women here at professional and senior levels and we are making progress. Strong commitment from Christine Lagarde...not sure about below her.

Not for Pay, Hiring

Informally flexing for an occasional appointments for doctor, home repair, child-related appointments or for an imminent work deadline where you need to go home and write uninterrupted are all fine on an ad hoc basis. Regularly telecommuting as part of your ongoing schedule isn't done much or is done under the radar. Lots of people use compressed work weeks however...depends upon your manager. Very facetime, presence culture overall.

Better early child support. We have onsite daycare but there are limited places so some first five years support or child-care subsidy would be nice.

American Dental Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no gender bias. It would just be a better place to work if compensation was more fair.

National Agricultural Statistics Service Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't.

The state offices are extremely unhappy. The HQ employees are somewhat happier here.

Kum & Go Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's hard to get information

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Bradley party and Variety Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its an amazing place to work

Satuit Consulting, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

We are flexible with time and give 4 weeks vacation as a standard.

Cessna Aircraft Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

It's a very male-dominated industry. That's not to say women aren't accepted. Overall, it was just a negative experience, with other woman in influential positions doing what they could to take down other women and make them feel that their contributions were not worthwhile. A lot of hostility and ill will.