MIT Sloan School of Management

mitsloan.mit.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at MIT Sloan School of Management to join us.

Wyoming Department of Family Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

This review is for Wyoming Boy's School Very misogynist place to work. You have to be one tough woman to stick this one out...

I became pregnant before FMLA was passed. I was allowed unpaid leave if I had accumulated it. I was careful not to take any time off while pregnant so that I could have four weeks of saved time off.

United States General Services Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a significant number of women in leadership roles at this agency and plenty of promotion potential- the agency tends to be a bit top heavy in my opinion. From my personal experience I did feel appreciated by my employer and for those that work hard, they do invest in you and give you opportunities to reach your greatest potential.

within the past 7 years GSA has expanded it’s telework program to 4 days a week which has been a huge motivator in getting people to stay at the agency long term. Since the regional headquarters are often located in the central business district the telework policy makes it possible for working moms to move out to the suburbs where housing is not as costly, daycare is not as costly, the school districts are far superior, and crime rates are lower.

Distribute the workload responsibilities more fairly. The salary, while competitive, doesn’t seem fair when not everyone in the agency carriers equal weight. There are some individuals who have “cushy jobs” - very little responsibilities within this agency verses others who are held to a much higher standard, who have the responsibility of spending millions of tax dollars, who are interfacing with clients and high level officials and are given little support to do their jobs. Too many “behind the scenes” jobs and not enough individuals who do the real mission work of the agency. It’s not that there’s a staffing problem, it’s that management isn’t utilizing their workforce efficiently and even years and years of multiple hiring freezes and workforce reduction through attrition hasn’t changed this. Those that excel at their jobs are rewarded with more work and experience burnout.

Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very tough male dominated industry PCRG is great at making it inclusive and successful for women.

Toscanova Restaurant Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're desperate, I'll get you in the door and vouch. Otherwise, run away screaming.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

They pretty much are the worst at everything except for allowing the staff to bond over how crappy they are.

EverFi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a bad sign that the company has so many women overall 50%+ but the executive team only has 4 women (less than 30%)

Studio Gaia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small, boutique office with a great vibe. Very personable and mature adults work here - great, fun atmosphere but very hard working. Everyone is treated equally.

You can leave early or take a day with no questions asked. Of course its courtesy to give a reasoning but don't feel you have to go into a story about why you need to leave early, a simple "doctor's appointment" or "family in town" reason will do.

Pink Petro Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I'm the owner so it's hard to say. I'm a little biased but I'm starting this profile so I can give reviews of other employers based on my experience.

Asana Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have been here for a year and a half, and feel that Asana is great and comfortable environment for women. I do not feel like we have enough women in leadership roles yet, and hope that changes as we grow. While I am not a mother yet, I will be going out on Maternity leave in 2016, and feel very supported to take the time off I will need, and am confident that they will make my transition back to full-time work as seamless as possible.

SMG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

SMG provides all full-time salaried employees with Long Term Disability insurance coverage following the completion of one (1) year of continuous service. This company provided benefit affords sixty (60) percent of basic monthly earnings, up to a maximum of five thousand ($5000.00) dollars per month, for any non-work related illness or injury after the employee has been disabled for a period greater than ninety (90) days. Employees who wish to continue health insurance benefits will be required to elect COBRA coverage. SMG’s Long-Term Disability Plan is governed by the plan document issued by the existing insurance carrier. So basically you pay for your insurance coverage at a higher rate while you are out plus you take a 40% wage cut. I think women are judged for taking the full amount of time by some colleagues and managers

Mitsubishi Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for over 5 years. This is a hostile work environment with A LOT of overtime. If you have children or perhaps a spouse that you like, it's not going to be a great place to work. The pay gets up to around $16/hr, and that isn't too bad for manufacturing in the Illinois Valley. The insurance isn't bad either. Unfortunately, the HR person is a nightmare and will work with the company to get you out the door if you have any kind of issues (read: medical issues). The job itself is easy, but the stress of an inept and unsympathetic management team is driving most people out the door.