Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Modern Survey Inc to join us.

Nuclear Energy Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

There is zero paid leave for a child, adoption or sick family member. There is no written policy, but from talking to other women here you are required to use your short term disability and combination of sick and vacation time. This is often negotiating on a ad-hoc basis which creates inequities in how different employees take their family leave. They do however, value women in the work place, their voices. Our CEO, General Counsel, VP Government Affairs, VP of Regulatory Affairs, Human Resources, and Executive Vice President are all women.

This is based on my experience with my boss. I am pretty sure it is across the organization but it can depend on your supervisor. Overall, they are flexible when it comes to family issues, just not paid maternity/paternity leave.

United Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

March 2018

Overall, women are treated fairly at UTAS. However, in Engineering, there is still a large discrepancy in the number of male and female engineers. There could also be improvement in the number of women in technical and management positions.

Public Service Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

I love this organization. Gender politics do not influence decisions regarding promotions, responsibility, or development.

Flexibility is dependent on job role, however, in all positions managers work with their direct reports to be as accommodating as possible.

ITW Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Great career development opportunities. I've had a lot of autonomy to perform my work.

Udemy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work! There is a deliberate practice to reduce gender bias and that is done through unconscious bias training, candid conversations in small teams and 1:1s with your manager. There are meeting protocols in place to reduce gender bias. However, there is a lack of women in manager & senior manager roles and I don't know why.

Leadership & managers are vocal about work-life balance, creating a work environment that is inclusive and helps you achieve your career goals. You can come in when you want / leave when you want - as long as you are doing what needs to be done, the time of day doesn't matter. A manager will send you home if you come to work under the weather because they want you to be healthy and also not to get other people sick. They partner with a middle school mentorship program and you can prioritize your involvement in that program. Work from home happens by team, based on what you do but it is an option and okay to bring up to your manager if that is what you need.

8 weeks full pay company policy plus CA/SF policy and with short term disability comes to about 4 months of paid time off.

Alsco, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a boys club. If you are a woman you will not go far with this company. Promotions are based on who you know and what sex you are. So surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit.

College of Charleston Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depends on department and their policies on each management style. I need more work/life balance.

PC Connection Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men are paid much more even if you have more experience than the men. Not only is the maternity leave a joke, the HR department is terrible. They don't seem to know anything about taking a leave even maternity leave. It was a messy runaround with them. Not only do you only receive 6 weeks of leave with 5 weeks of pay, you only receive 60% of your pay for those 5 weeks and if you want to take the full 3 months of short term disability you absolutely cannot be paid for the remainder of the time. First this is because you have to use all your sick time before the maternity leave pay kicks in even though they don't pay for those sick days so you have no sick time left to help pay yourself with and you have been out of office so you haven't been building up vacation time you could also use to pay yourself with. this is very very frustrating. My husband... the person not giving birth to our child has a 6 week paternity leave, 100% pay, no breaks in the pay. needless to say he does not work at the same company as myself. Men at this company have no paternity leave, which i find terrible. I couldn't imagine not having my husband there with me, at least for the first few weeks, of being home with a newborn. That's my story. :(

Paul Weiss Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

PW goes out of its way to support women with networking events, seminars, etc., but that is in part because mentoring is difficult - there are not very many female partners, let along female senior associates, so it is difficult to develop informal mentoring relationships with other women. Male partners are careful to be appropriate and professional to female associates, which can be uncomfortable in that it does not help develop casual, friendly relationships.

Spada Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Client service is paramount, and I am fierce about fairness to everyone. I think everyone should be welcome at the work table, with talent, skill and work ethic weighing as much, if not more, than academic pedigree.