Monroe County Community School Corporation

www.mccsc.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Monroe County Community School Corporation to join us.

Parents Education Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

This nonprofit has been acquired by Children’s Health Council and no longer exists as an independent organization.

Hire Heroes USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would tell her that she should expect less pay than her male counterpart, and depending on the office, male chauvinism.

Flexibility has gone down since the CEO left. The interim CEO is gradually taking away all of the flexibility that most of the employees have thrived from for so many years. Morale is completely in the toilet, and more than half of the people in my office are looking for new jobs.

n/a

Society of American Military Engineers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a good company where people care about each other. There are opportunities to work across departments on projects, but there is very little to no room for growth.

A few employees work from home, 13 paid vacation days and the week off between Christmas and NYE.

New York Life Insurance Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

After working in financial services for over a decade, I left to raise my kids. When I returned to the workforce 9 years ago, I chose New York Life, and I am really happy I did. The company has a very balanced approach to enabling employees to do their best work by recognizing and supporting their commitments outside the workplace. Many of the working parents I know work really hard while at work, but are given latitude to have a life outside the office. In addition to the rich benefits they provide (on-site child care, maternity, paternity, adoption leave) there is a strong culture that recognizes the importance of work life balance.

Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are women in mid level and some higher level leadership positions. Almost all of the upper management positions are held by men. Overall this had been a good place to work with a fairly supportive culture

Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very woman-oriented company. Employers at this company are mostly women, since women make up the majority in communications, media, public relations, design, food, crafts etc, and since the company's customer base is mostly women. The morale is terrible. People are treated very poorly. It comes from the very top - enough said.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Union Pacific Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly but the company culture still reflects the mentality of a male dominated, 24/7 workforce whose leaders advanced due in large part to their spouses raising their families, allowing them to focus on their careers. Although the company is aware of the need to address work/life balance issues for all employees, and has created policies to allow for a more flexible work environment (ex. telecommuting)few employees actually take advantage of these options because the culture is not fully supportive. At a time when other companies are introducing new leave policies to adapt to the needs of a changing workforce, Union Pacific's culture remains largely unchanged. Leave policies aside, the company does offer a pension plan in addition to the 401k plan (with company match). The pension benefit is sometimes overlooked by applicants who do not understand the benefit or whose goals are not to establish a long-term career but to work for different employers throughout their career. Overall, pay and benefits are competitive with other large employers.

US Cellular Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

Engineering and Construction are for sure a boys club. Any woman with ideas suggestions on how to improve the department or company are claimed from higher ups if taken under advisement. While I did receive good bonus's while there, they worked the hardest working engineers the most, let others get by with doing little. Management team was very poor.

Quanta computer Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

Not a lot of women working there and I don't think it's a women friendly working environment.