Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Mother Nature Network to join us.

rand* construction corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

women who take maternity leave are pressured to cut it short, threatened to lose their job. Women who use maternity leave are targeted, pressured, and often terminated. All women leaders were targeted and removed by the new COO. None have been hired or promoted since. Under his leadership, benefits for spouses has been cancelled. Company and female owner touts female-owned business, but she is hostile to most of the women in the company, and only respects women from other industries that she wants something from. She has stated that mentoring women is pointless and she won't participate.

No flexibility for telework or flexible schedule if you are office staff unless you are the personal friend of the COO. No flexibility of hours or schedule. If you seem to be leaving the office too early, you are targeted and monitored.

end the blatant misogyny from the female company owner and current male COO

BookIt.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Adapt to the culture to be successful, don't assume you can change it

Provide more fun opportunties for employees, improve employee morale

Russ Reid Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

January 2018

This is the only job I've ever had where I was directly and overtly verbally sexually harassed. A senior male executive told me (in a joking manner, of course) that he had been laughing with another senior colleague that I had really let my appearance go after getting married. This exec is widely known at the Company for being a misogynist (and has had sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him in the past by a female direct report). When I told my boss (also male), his advice was to "just ignore him." I'm sure it was also no coincidence that in the most recent round of layoffs, he was kept on staff while a FAR more competent female Director that does VASTLY more work than him was let go. As long as this type of male privilege stands and demeaning sexist behavior is tolerated, women will never be equal here. Beware.

There is no maternity parking, no job sharing and no flex hours for working mothers. I have heard MANY team members criticism the **few** working mother that draw boundaries in working hours in order to be there for their kids. It is just unacceptable to shame working mother for trying to be there for her children. I have also heard the president, who is a woman, say "there are three things that all women want: 1) Career 2) Family 3) Friends, but you can't have all three." This is a terrible example and discourages other women from achieving the success that men can more easily attain.

Not tolerate demeaning and dismissive senior male executives.

Ipsos Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When you are hired make sure you have a very good understanding of the level you should be at and the compensation you deserve, and then insist on being hired at that level with that compensation.

Working from home is frequently acceptable, which helps a lot with work-life balance.

Tensator Group Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Offer options for career progression, better non-compensation related benefits (Friday early dismissal, work from home etc.)

Alliance Data Systems Corp Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are SO many powerful women in leadership positions - they make up 60% of our SLT

Very flexible about Work From Home days (able to do so at your manager's discretion) ; lets us leave early on holidays; working on paternal leave policy and transgender benefits - very progressive for a Fortune500 company!! They definitely walk the walk

Grand Rapids Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There have been a number of women in high level positions at this college. I do believe that GRCC tries to hire the best person for the job regardless of gender. There is a method to give preference to internal employees for open positions which can make it hard to hire the best person for the job. I feel comfortable working here as a woman.

There is no work from home policy, yet many individuals in some departments do have a work from home agreement. It is not fair that we can't figure out a way to give more flexibility to everyone on the staff side of the college.

There is no paid time for maternity leave. You are able to use FMLA, and required to exhaust your sick leave bank. Then it is up to you as to whether or not you want to use paid vacation time. This is grossly unfair as it leaves you with potentially no paid time off once you return to take care of doctor's appointments, any potential sickness your or your family may have in the future or take a vacation.

Boots Retail USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is business largely made up of intelligent driven women (and men.) It is a company that strives to be fair and better everyday.

I had to register for "disability leave" for the last 6 weeks of my leave. The HR department was an integral part in assisting me in this.

Progressive Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Good place to work with a lot of strong women and women in leadership roles throughout the company. Employee resource groups promote events and opportunities for networking. Energetic workplace that understands family needs. Maternity leave is still kind of pathetic.

Standard leave in Ohio. Limited pay/disability/PTO until exhausted, can take up to 12 weeks with FMLA.

Wells Enterprises, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I worked there for 2 years. It was dream job for a full year, then things got dicey with layoffs and restructures - more than I could count. After the most recent restructure, my position was eliminated but I was not. No one could give me a straight answer as to why, or what my new position was. I left very soon after.