Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at NCUSCR to join us.

Connections Guardianship Services LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Hard work but wonderful company , flexible and great life work balance

Pariveda Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Transparent structure with fair benchmarks and reviews. Commitment to their people and to D&I

6 weeks fully paid parental leave and then an additional 6-8 for women depending on the state they work in. Health insurance paid in full for a family

Swish Maintenance Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a company where sexism is rewarded and often revered.

Mattson Resources, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A woman owned company that values the opinion of both demographics.

Flagstar Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

There are a lot of women the work within the organization and in management roles. It's seemingly supportive, but requires significant effort and clear communication about expectations to move forward.

Achievement First Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave is generous and health insurance is awesome. It is a tough, tough environment to work with a child at home. Many employers are young without children and therefore the lack of perspective on what it is like to be a working parent is limited. Long work days, very high expectations. It will vary by school and the individual leadership at those locations but overall, Achievement First is a churn and burn factory which is sad considering an experienced teacher is so needed in their schools but not valued.

One Acre Fund Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a medium NGO that tries very hard to create fair and generous benefits. It's one of the few NGO's that does offer 3 months paid maternity and paternity leave. While I didn't have the greatest maternity experience its because I didn't know what all I should ask for. Now that I've learned I should pay as much attention to leave policies as I do to career progression I would change how I structured my maternity leave and prepared for leave. There are only a few women at the company that have gone through it so I would lean on them for support and advice. Everyone is encouraged to take the full maternity and there are no obvious biases for those that take leave - but navigating the transition is still complex so learning from others is the best way to adjust. The work culture is very intense so it's hard to make the transition from workaholic to motherhood appropriately but the organization is taking steps to create a better work-life balance. Generally - I am happy with my work and the organization - particularly they willingness to listen to feedback, improve and become a great place for working mothers (even if it wasn't perfect in the beginning!)

Oregon State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for four years as a postdoc and instructor in the sciences. I've worked directly with multiple PIs (professors), only one of which (a well-established female PI) was a supportive role model and mentor. If you come here for a postdoctoral position, DO NOT come as a postdoctoral scholar. Get your pay and your project/work expectations in writing BEFORE you start any work (this sounds obvious, but in the world of postdocs, it's often not). In addition, OSU is not very good at setting up paychecks for people who work for two or more departments, and it took them months to set mine up correctly. One postdoctoral scholar I know who became pregnant spent her entire pregnancy fighting for the right to pay for her own insurance through the university during her (unpaid) maternity leave. I believe the school actually told her that they had never expected that a postdoctoral scholar would be pregnant, so they never bothered to set up any sort of maternity assistance programs. I know other female postdocs who are highly underpaid (especially those who come from other countries and may not know what to expect in terms of compensation). Additionally, the professional environment here is very dependent on what department you're working for. Some departments are full of great people, while others have on staff male professors who have been reprimanded for getting drunk on campus during lunch and commenting on female students (yup, they kept their jobs). OSU is also strongly headed in the direction of a teaching institution, and continues to offer less and less in the way of support for its research faculty in general.

E*TRADE Financial Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a dearth of women in high level technical roles. Therefore, there isn't much in the way of positive mentoring or role modeling for women at the company in technical positions who are looking for examples to follow. If you a woman in a technical position and want to advance your career path, then this can be a good place to stay for a while to pick up some experience for your resume, but it's very difficult for women to get themselves promoted past low level management, so be prepared to move elsewhere when the time comes. In addition, some high level male managers have made comments like, "I have to watch my language around you because you're a woman," and by making statements such as that makes one feel that males and females are treated differently by some in management.

Empire Justice Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I haven't had kids yet but just recently looked into the leave policies. Was surprised to find my company offers only 1 week paid parental leave given that we are a nonprofit that advocates for worker justice.