NBCUniversal http://www.nbc.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about NBCUniversal?
Media Miss

Coming from another leading company in the media industry, it was refreshing to see how open NBC was--I feel like I can speak my mind and be supported, they have many different opportunities for learning, networking, expanding your skills, and they embrace diversity. From my experience in negotiating my salary, I still think the gender pay wage gap exists here though. While HR wasn't willing to expand upon whether or not NBC is working to close this, they worked with me so that I was satisfied with my final compensation package.

Very women-heavy in entry- and mid-level positions but very male dominant at the top still. In my current role, my hourly pay rate is non-negotiable so I don't have to worry about being paid less than a man, but I am not sure how that changes once one becomes salaried and pay is up for negotiation. That said, many older women on my team have been very pleased with the paid maternity leave policy - several were on leave SIMULTANEOUSLY and their roles were temporarily backfilled and guaranteed upon their return, One was even promoted just before her leave, and barely had time to start her new role before taking the time off - great to see she was still promoted and that didn't influence the decision.

LoSunshine

The work-base was pretty evenly split male/female. Most bosses were male, but most Producers seemed evenly split.

NewsGal

Working in production at NBC can be family friendly but you have to be in specific, structured/shift roles. Otherwise, you can leave when your work is done or finish from home but you have to be in the office to do the majority of your work. Because its production it can be difficult to get time off for holidays.

Took 6 months off when my son was born. Leave was great but I was passed over for a promised promotion while I was out.
If you have older children or don't have children, it's a decent place to work. But instead of moving into the 21st century, they're moving away from flexible hours for moms. It can be a good place for women if you're in a position to make work your #1 priority.
NBCU

Focus on performance and find an advocate to help you network.

2kids2016

While working from home is a great flexible work option, there still seems to be a lack of work/life balance. It's not spoken, but working beyond 9-5 is very much expected regardless of your family situation.

The parental leave isn't horrible, but it could be improved. I also think offering part time or job share options would be a great perk.
Lady Richmond

My mother always used to say, "You don't ask, you don't get", and I think it significantly applies here. I don't know that everyone is treated equally, but I do think they attempt to be fair.

Lady workingmomx2 Finance Manager, Finance

I've worked here for almost 8 years and had 2 maternity leaves. In addition to maternity leave (mine was a combination of SD, baby bonding time, PFML and vacation time), NBCU provides a workplace lactation program that includes free breastfeeding classes, access to free phone support from an IBLC certified lactation consultant, and a free hospital grade breast pump. Additionally there is a maternity management program that is available through our insurance that provided ongoing support and check-ins throughout my pregnancies from a designated nurse. Following my return to the workplace, I had access to a designated lactation room (not just an office or closet). NBCU clearly seeks to support and accommodate nursing mothers in the workplace.

Lady Pippi30 Research Manager, Broadcast Research

Women are treated very fairly at NBCU. They are in leadership roles of a number of departments ( Legal, Sales, HR) to name a few. The creative side of production and development is mostly male dominated but I am not sure whether it is a reflection of a lack of women in those areas of the budiness.

Lady lemon

In my department it's mainly a male dominated team, so I feel that women need to assert themselves more to be recognized at the same level. Although I have not taken maternity leave, the policy seems to be subpar against other large companies.

Women Review NBCUniversal for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of NBCUniversal by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website Media Miss anon1883 LoSunshine NewsGal NBCU 2kids2016 Lady Richmond Lady workingmomx2 Lady Pippi30 Lady lemon