Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Neal's Yard Dairy to join us.

Plexus Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

I have worked for a few MLM companies before, Plexus is by far the best with compensation! I also have the chance to help others get healthy!

I am my own boss, so I am able to set my own hours.

Gate Gourmet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Avoid this company because of its culture, but it's equally bad for both genders.

Treat all employees with respect

VCA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No paid maternity leave, minimal flexibility in scheduling and time of working. Mostly women in this organization, as the veterinary field is moving towards mostly women.

The Educational Alliance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It depends what division you work in. For instance, my division is far more flexible than other areas.

It's a CBO, so they REALLY don't like remote work. They feel like everyone needs to be in site all the time.

Conventures, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

This is a great place to work when you're young, hungry, and have no familiar commitments. It is not a great place to work if you are a Mother or expecting to become one. There is limited flexibility for out-of-office time or working from home needs and the maternity policy and culture in general is archaic. Also, if you plan to breastfeed, be prepared to be sent to the bathroom.

If I don't find another job, I will be taking 12 weeks unpaid beginning in March.

Transportation Alternatives Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have seniority, you have flexibility. More junior staffers have less flexibility, but not none.

Barclays Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company has one of the worst maternity leave policies I've ever heard of for a company of it's size and success. It's one paid week per year of service. Despicable. The mandatory minimum work day is 9.5 hours - next the most livable hours for a human much less a mother. The company is chaotic and unorganized with what seems like nonstop structural changes. It's a very stressful and unstable environment. Avoid avoid avoid.

AstraZeneca Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

The Company has been promoting leadership training for certain career levels in R & D, as they have realized an imbalance of women at higher career bands. The numbers say it all; whilst women are thriving in the lab, stepping into leadership is not easily done. I have seen 3 women leaders leave their associate director roles due to a lack of support by male colleagues. As a result, women, when they see another colleague pregnant, they quietly support her with information on leave. That said, AZ offers a very generous 7 weeks paid and up to a total of 26 weeks, including FMLA. I don't know many who have taken the full 6 months.

United States Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 16 months as a junior staffer. Although I received constant praise for going above and beyond my responsibilities, I was not publicly acknowledged for having done so an, more importantly, not given a bonus for the first 12 months. Under appreciation of junior staff was not limited to women, though. From a woman's perspective, the organization has very few women in senior management positions. Because of grant applications, I was able to know individuals' salaries and learned that women make significantly less than their male counterparts at the organization. Pay and incentives seem arbitrary - based more on personal connections or forcefulness rather than an employee's performance. This has likely affected women disproportionately as women tend not to ask (or demand) the same compensation as men. I did take maternity leave and found that I was lucky to have 6 weeks of paid short term disability for a vaginal delivery (8 weeks for Cesarean, only open to mothers who get medical note from their OBGYN) followed by 2 weeks for "baby bonding time" (open to fathers and adoptive parents as well). I realize this is "generous" for the United States, but the HR handling of my leave was less than satisfactory. The policy was not clear -- it is an amalgamation of several policies, nothing specifically written for maternity leave -- and the HR personnel was not careful when explaining my benefits to me.

Custom Air Products & Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ours is definitely a male-dominated industry and I can't wait for us to get to the point where we have women working in the field. Even with the shortage of females "on their tools" here, CAPS is a really great place to work...not easy, not boring, not perfect, but a really great place. The women who are on board here are definitely treated fairly and opportunities are there for anyone who has an idea and the guts to present it. And it's not just management that values our contributions. I am always welcome in the field, in the shop, or in the boardroom, and my opinions seem to be valued in all spaces as well. Not perfect here, but darn good.