Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at New York State Homes and Community Renewal to join us.

Huntsville Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

This organization does not promote work life balance and often punishes employees when they have obligations or a crisis outside of work

My current manager does not treat her employees like people. She has shown no flexibility for those with medical emergencies, sick children, or helped with flexible scheduling for those seeking higher education in a field beneficial to the unit and organization.

Family Dollar Stores, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

The expectations are equal among the sexes in terms of physical labor.

Provide more training, support and employee hours.

Samasource Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is 50% women, 70% female leadership. Great stats!

Many positions are entirely remote. Because we have an office in East Africa and colleagues in many parts of the world, there is an opportunity to design your own work hours, depending on your team. Example: work 6-2pm Pacific to align with East coast team members.

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

Toyota Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

They provide a quiet room for nursing moms! There are a good amount of female leadership as well in the company.

Depending on the manager you worked for, I was lucky that my manager allows me to change to 32 hour work week and some work at home time. However, this is not happening across the board.

Case Western Reserve University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate before accepting the job offer. Once you are in it is very diffucult to get decent raises and difficult to get a promotion.

The standard hours are 8:30am-5pm so it is difficult for them to be flexible unless your department is larger or you are not a student service or business office.

Staff get 6 weejs and faculty get 12 weeks per child. It could be natural birth, adoption or foster.

Clark County School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Flexible, able to move from department to deparment or schools.

Advantec AS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A great opportunity to express myself. I can devote time to me familiy, but working hours are not very flexible

Start to work at this employer when was maternity.

Gensler Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for 2 years. The firm's board has multiple women (though not quite half), and a female co-CEO. The male-female ratio in the firm overall is pretty balanced for an architecture firm. I'm not an architect, and I imagine the climate would be very different if I were, but for those of us in admin/marketing roles, I think it's a great company to work for. The culture is truly great. The policies might be basic (15 days paid time off, minimal maternity leave, etc.), but the people on my team are super supportive and understanding. We tell each other when we have family obligations (pick-up from soccer practice, recital, doctor's appointment, lost dog crisis). Being able to ask for flexibility when needed and KNOW you won't lose points with the team for it beats having extra perks. The maternity leave is minimal and I know women in the firm struggle with it a bit, but I have not observed any "penalty" from women taking maternity leave.

Pfizer Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

I have been with this company for 10 years and work with many women of which the majority are working mothers in my area. Depending on the department you work in the flexibility can be great. Unfortunately as a healthcare company, we continue to pull back on our maternity/family leave benefits and do not often provide flexible work arrangements for those not in the sales organization. The company's mission is to recruit and maintain top talent. Reducing and suspending these types of benefits will alienate top female talent.