Nielsen Holdings N.V. http://www.nielsen.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Nielsen Holdings N.V.?
Freetobe

The company treats women fairly. They are in senior leadership positions. Not certain if my compensation is on par with other males with my same level of experience.

Lady Loyal

Some of the policies are very good and they are trying - maternity leave policy recently increased its paid weeks, for example. However, it's men everywhere in places of leadership. The company is filled with strong women and their voices are regulated to lower positions, generally speaking. I have been asked to set up meetings and take notes and it's hard to not feel that's related to being the only woman leader in a room of men leaders. Some areas have great flexibility in working from home, leaving the office for kid events, etc, where others are horrible in this regards, so that part depends on role and business unit.

Different parts of the business are VERY different
Madame Product Strategy

I've worked here for three years in a client facing role. Women are treated fairly for the most part, but the rating system favors those with outspoken senior advocates, and those at the very top are still generally men. I have not taken maternity leave yet. I believe Nielsen is in the process of improving those benefits.

Lady Chocolates!! Associate Client Manager, Analytics

Very diverse company

Lady MarketingMom0325

I see a lot of equality experienced by women at all levels of the organization. Strong employee resource groups for women as well. All career advances and recognition appears to be based on a pure, highly objective model of meritocracy - you will move up as you deliver against your responsibilities.

Lady Susie

The company does not respect it employee's, especially any higher that the research interviewers. Work load is redundant and meaning less. The standards are far too high for the amount of pay given by this company.

Lady Mass Finance

N/A

Lady ahr002

In my group there are not a lot of women in leadership positions at the VP and SVP level. There is a good effort at levels higher than that to be diverse and there are lot of women at lower levels. Nielsen can provide good working situations depending on the role including working remotely nearly 100% of the time, part time arrangements and flexible schedules. Since my leave Nielsen has increased paid maternity leave to 12 weeks which is great and there is a unpaid leave policy allowing up to 6 months unpaid on top of the standard 12 weeks for FMLA if approved by your manager. This is not however widely known and the use really depends on those in your department. Generally (men and women) I think Nielsen's pay is low - I think this is a result of it being a public company but the flexible schedule and work from home benefits do offset this to some degree.

Lady musicgal

There are many women in management positions and appear to move up the ladder. I have worked for the company for less than a year but I was hired with them knowing I was 20 weeks pregnant and promoted less than a month after being hired. It's rare to find a company that will promote someone knowing they will be out for nearly 3 months, but this company and my management are beyond compare.

Lady lynette1223

It has a great work life balance i have a 9yr old and i dont feel like i have to choose they are very understanding

Women Review Nielsen Holdings N.V. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Nielsen Holdings N.V. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 15 reviews Company Website Freetobe Lady Loyal Madame Product Strategy Lady Chocolates!! Lady MarketingMom0325 Lady Susie Lady Mass Lady ahr002 Lady musicgal Lady lynette1223