Nordstrom, Inc. http://shop.nordstrom.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Nordstrom, Inc.?
Lady anon1091 Sales Associate, Brass Plum

This company is incredibly women friendly. Most employees on the sales floor are women.

Lady Tinkerbell62

I've worked here for over 35 years and in leadership for over 20 of them. It is like a family away from home. Everyone helping each other to get the job done and keep our customers happy.

Lady Rosemc

It's retail

You need thick skin and patience

Again depends on their role....

depends
Lady anon60 Lingerie

This company has a lot of women in all levels of Management.

Dependent on the location
Lady SBC Assistant Manager, Studio

I have worked for Nordstrom for over 20 years and while this is not a job for everyone, it has worked out very well for me. I have held many positions within the company, which is what makes it so attractive. You are able to advance to any position in any location.

Lady Ryver Operations Manager

Work life balance is non-existent. If you have a family, re-think working in this field. You are expected to work holidays with no time in-between. When you grow into management you are expected to work 6 days a week during events or high season - with no extra compensation. Men are promoted through the operations divisions quicker then women. However, a majority of sales managers are female.

Work life balance is non-existent. Some depts promote women more rapidly, while others lean towards men.
Lady Whitedress

We have a female store manager and lots of women department managers. Benefits are fair and generous for retail.

Great pay for retail but it depends on the atmosphere the manager fosters
on fire Girl Sr. Security Program Manager, Product Release and Secure Services

There are many opportunities but you have to work hard to find the right ones or you can be in danger of being a scape goat.

Lady Kay

No bonuses unless you're a manager, and no raises in a lot of departments. Cost of living raise is 0-3%, but usually about 1%. A lot of attention is paid to whether you get along with people or come across as inviting and smiley, regardless of your actual results. The word "b*tchy" was used regularly by my superiors to describe why I wasn't going to be promoted or given a raise, despite the fact that I got along very well with my peers. Other women received similar reviews. I was also criticized for not sharing more about my personal life and not getting emotional over feedback -- when my boss gave me negative feedback, he started crying, and remarked that he was surprised I wasn't crying myself. It later showed up on my formal review that I didn't convey I cared much about negative feedback and didn't take it seriously.

Women Review Nordstrom, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Nordstrom, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 21 reviews Company Website Lady anon1091 Lady Tinkerbell62 Lady Rosemc Lady anon56 Lady anon60 Lady SBC Lady Ryver Lady Whitedress on fire Girl Lady Kay