Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Nutricia to join us.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is good work/life balance. Some of the sexism is implicit, and occasionally but less often explicit. Maternity leave is OK, not amazing, not awful. They do cover fertility treatments.

It depends on the job. While policies encourage more flexibility like work from home, it is frowned upon the higher up you go in the orginization. The CEO likes to face time. Physically being in the office is an unofficial rule for those that want to advance in the company....specifically at headquarters....otherwise your career will suffer the consequences.

Provide more opportunities for women to advance. BCBSMA pats itself on the back for having a few women in senior leader roles. What about the rest of the company? What about Vice President, Director, and Manager roles?

Maybe. There is good work life balance. If that is a primary concern, this might be a good option, especially in certain pockets of the company.

Government | New Castle County, DE Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a wonderful opportunity working a 7 hour work day and lots of paid holidays and potential for vacation time.

1798 Consultants, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Expect to work very long hours and receive a lot of criticism

U.S. Department of Agriculture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Women are highly visible in upper management and are ecouraged to apply for promotions.

Pragmatics, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It can be a good resume builder. Not too much else.

it depends on if you are at HQ or on a contract.

They do not pay for maternity leave. you have to pay for short turn disability insurance and then use your PTO. There is a max of 180 hours you can have for PTO before it stops accumulating. I used STD and all 180 hours of PTO and still had about two weeks of unpaid leave.

Maybe. It depends on the field they are in and what they are looking for.

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

With a female CEO, this company pays and treats women equally. benefits include 16 weeks of paid maternity leave and flexible work schedules after that as needed. the company did a survey last year to make sure women and men are paid equally over the years and across levels. There is also a women's mentoring network called mentorHER to 'Help Executives Rise'.

Flex time and family leave are benefits offered to all full-time employees

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Maybe. If you've already had kids or don't plan to, this might be a good fit - the maternity leave is only partial pay for 6 weeks (8 weeks for a C-section) through a disability policy. You can take more time than that, but it will be unpaid.

Excelacom, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

There is no company standard for unpaid time off towards maternity leave, Make it clear with your boss what you need, and make sure you're made aware of what you can use FMLA for.

M&T Bank Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company just introduced a new Parental Leave policy that offers 12 full weeks of leave to employees who have been with the company at least a year. The policy can be used interchangeably between mother and father but one has to be designated as the primary caregiver. They also recently started installing permanent Nursing Mothers rooms at corporate locations across the footprint. Still a lot of issues to work out here (scheduling, volume, etc) but both items were rolled out less than 2 months ago so I expect to see some improvements down the road. We just finished up performance reviews and I saw no sign of promotions being distributed unfairly or with bias towards a particular gender. However, this is the banking industry and it would be ignorant to say that this is a fair playground. There is definitely a "old boys club" feel in the air. All in all, a great company to work for that is always looking for ways to make employees happy. Like any large company, it takes a second to get things rolling.

ClickTale Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

family values are strongly appreciated however in any sales role where you would leave formaternity leave you must accept the consequences of losing your prospects/accounts.