Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at onPeak to join us.

Lord Abbett Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Upward mobility is high if you work hard and prove yourself no matter what gender.

They are trying to get better but in general the expected hours to be in the office and attend after-hour events are longer than the typical work day and frequent.

Policy just changed to 16 weeks paid.

ShiftWise Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't do it if you are pregnant, planning to have children or are a mom.

I'm giving a 2 because I think it depends on the team you're on/manager you report to. Some are probably more flexible than others.

You can use your short term disability, which is 6 weeks at 50% of your salary. Plus, you wont get paid any of your earned bonus' or commission while on leave. I don't know what the laws are around this and I am sure that is legal, but its crappy that you don't receive these while on leave as it is compensation for sales/achievements made months prior to going on leave.

Tensator Group Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Offer options for career progression, better non-compensation related benefits (Friday early dismissal, work from home etc.)

Penguin Random House Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

This is a good company operating under very tight financial constraints. They offer good benefits and salaries for low to mid-level staff are on the lower end of the financial scale. Most depts offer an enjoyable work environment.

My answer relates to my unique experience. This is not the norm for the company.

HR needs to address a very problematic senior exec whose many personal issues cause her to create a fear-based environment and behave in an abusive manner. As a result of her lashing out, loyal and talented staff are losing their jobs. The exec has no integrity and spins tales that HR seems to believe. The exec is very insecure, paranoid, immature, and unprofessional and only due to the talented and loyal staff is the dept running smoothly. The closest senior exec, the deputy, is spending a great deal of time diffusing the numerous issues this female senior exec is creating. He's actually running the dept and should have been given the senior role to begin with. She is a horrible representation of the good company this is. I was unable to take lunch, unable to enjoy summer Fridays, unable to enjoy normal hours, unable to take advantage of great benefits, etc. This was a very unique bullying and abusive situation that I was dealing with. Having worked for the company years ago for terrific execs, I am well-versed in how things should operate.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Duke University's maternity leave policy includes 3 weeks of paid leave. The insurance plan does not cover breast pumps. Bi-weekly employees are not allowed to work remotely.

Flexibility can depend on your manager. There is little flexibility for bi-weekly employees.

There is a waiting period before the paid leave starts during which you must use available sick or vacation time first.

Yipit Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

The hours and time off is very flexible. The company understands you have a life and you can rearrange your schedule as need-be. The new parental leave policy is standard.

I am looking for deeper meaning in my work which is why I am looking to move, not a reflection of the company itself

Areva Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women don't seem to make it past middle management and I strongly suspect pay is not equitable. BUT lots of flexibility. There are 6 weeks maternity leave paid for by Short Term Disability insurance. Up to 6 additional weeks can be taken, either unpaid or paid by using saved vacation.

Duke University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here 16 years. For mid-level administrative workers, the children's college tuition benefit is excellent IF your children attend Duke or any other PRIVATE college/university.

INC Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Tons of women in top-tier management. Extremely supportive bosses, plenty of room for growth. Voicing your own ideas is encouraged.

RAM Development Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I worked there for quite some time. I feel like management took advantage of my nativity and skills. I was almost running the entire business operations after just a few short months. (I was left completely on my own, to my own devices (which should have tipped me off to how the rest of my employment with them would go)after only being there 3 days. Don't get me wrong, not everything about my experience was bad. The other employees I worked with were mostly enjoyable people. My only complaint was ever with management, or rather lack of it. Even though I put in place several ideas that wound up saving the company money, my ideas and input were rarely ever taken into account or listened to. I'm not saying I have the best or brightest ideas but I think some of them at least deserved more discussion. I guess my issue with this really lies with how much personal pressure that management would put on each employee that the success of the business was up to the employee but then not allowing the employees any input into ideas or policies at all.