Oracle Corporation http://www.oracle.com/index.html

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Oracle Corporation?
tieton25 Public Relations

I would not say there are issues with gender equality, just issues in terms of compensation compared to upper management.

CB1121 Sales Representative, Sales

Satisfaction will depend highly on your role, department, pillar, and management.

WomenEngineer

Oracle is a good old boys club in most departments especially in development and engineering. There is not equal opportunities, pay or promotions.

anon2526 Enterprise Sales Manager, Commercial Sales

In Enterprise field sales, your manager controls the territory you get. Outside of the fantastic guy who hired me, the other 5 managers (I moved internally once, but have had 6 managers in 5 years) have consistently given me horrible territories. I am a very open, team-oriented person by nature, but I have been bullied, berated and threatened. I had a manager who wanted to tell my customer that I would be fired if I didn't get their business, simply because he knew the customer liked and trusted me. This is a 'good ol boys club' at its finest and we do not belong.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

I was too junior but I didn't see much difference in treatment. However the work itself was fairly boring and unremarkable.

A big company so your experience will largely depend on your region, pillar, manager, team etc.

Lady Digital Engagement

I'm new in the tech business and come from various HRD roles, mostly in non-profit. But otherwise than expected, employee engagement is much higher here. Although a startling 76% of my colleagues is male, I really feel that a female approach is appreciated. My male colleagues are also quite nice. Some weeks ago I had a new haircut, more than 3 male colleagues complimented me. Also, in a male dominated environment it is easier to act as an active diplomatic influencer. So yes: I like it here.

ginnypete Director of Engineering

Once you're in expect to be forgotten. Don't expect a raise or a bonus. Insiders know that this is how Oracle ensures a certain amount of attrition; people get sick and tired of working so hard without any reward. Sadly, this ensures the top performers leave since they can easily get a job elsewhere. Oracle loves to tell you that compensation is not a motivator. While that's true, it certainly is a huge motivator if your pay doesn't keep up with the market.

Lady Badger Technology Sales Manager

Typical of male dominated industries - you will work 2x as hard to get 1/2 as far as your male counterparts with a base salary $20k-$30k less than your peers.

Lady anon771 Director, Marketing

It has the typical problem that there are more men in tech positions and more women in support/creative roles. As a real policy, Oracle does not give raises, EVEN WITH PROMOTIONS, unless you come in with an offer that they decide to counter. If you get a good offer and the other benefits work with your life and you'll be happy there long term, it can be a great place, but it is not for the ambitious. You'll work your butt off for that promotion, but the only thing that changes is your business card title and the amount of responsibility you have.

As a policy, Oracle doesn't give raises. So if you're offered a package that you know you'll be happy with for a while, it's probably a good thing. Oracle is not for ambitious people who want to climb the corporate hierarchy. Also, I see "abrasive" thrown around a lot in terms of women's communication style, which is irritating. That said, the flexible and work from home schedules can be a dream for parents.

Women Review Oracle Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Oracle Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 51 reviews Company Website tieton25 CB1121 WomenEngineer anon2526 anon2488 Lady Digital Engagement ginnypete Lady Badger Lady anon771