Oracle Corporation http://www.oracle.com/index.html

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Oracle Corporation?
Lady anon268 Director, CX Applications, Global Sales Support

For the most part, women can and do excel at Oracle.

Madam Software Queen Senior Software Engineer, Technology

There is no direction as far as I can tell for career growth or pay raises. Getting information about benefits is difficult.

Depends on your department and how much of a squaeky wheel you're willing to be.
Lady Momboss

This company is in the middle of re-tooling for the cloud. I have worked here for almost 20 years (yes, incredible). I have loved my career at Oracle until just recently. I was so happy, I thought I would never, ever leave. But things have changed dramatically. In the last two years I have experienced that senior management is systematically doing a "Reduction in Force" to remove, experienced, older workers (anyone above 50). Next they either use offshore resources (Romania), or they hire new resources without experience who are willing and able to work extreme hours and don't expect substantial raises. From Safra the CEO She said that one of the key elements for the Oracle’s expansion in Romania is the highly trained workforce. “We invest here because it’s a good place to find highly trained employees. Romanians are well educated and most of all they are problem solvers. They try resolve things when others just stop. For us Romania is not just a place for low paying jobs. We have many employees who were recruited from Romania to take executive positions within the group and we have nearly all of our business lines present here”, Oracle’s president explained. There are many educated women in the US who are equally as hard working and determined when problem solving. Don't let her comments fool you, Oracle is highly motivated by cost cutting. Some things they are cutting make sense, others do not. Recently they announced that all remote workers could expect only $50 in expense reimbursement for home telecommuting costs (Phone and internet). For most people this amounts to about a $2000 cut in pay. Add to that, many US workers have not had a salary increase in 3-5 years (if they did it was only 1 or 2 percent). Yet the CEO's and the stockholders seem to do well. This company no longer has a balance with profitability, and human resources. Women are not equally compensated at Oracle, they are not equally promoted (past a certain level)in the same numbers as men. In the past, working for Oracle looked good on a resume. Now, I'm not so sure. I have not left the company, and I'd like to stay for some time to come, but these are tough times for the US Employees.

You can rise to a certain position, just below VP and stay there forever. Even after 20 years, and all positive performance reviews
Madam helper

I've worked here for 5 years. There are many visible examples of women in top leadership roles at Oracle. Maybe not enough of them yet, but you do see women in highly respected positions throughout the organization in Finance, Marketing, and in technical roles. I've found great working opportunities do exist even for remote workers like myself and the company provides the flexibility and tools to deal with life events as they happen.

Lady alib211

I've been here for a long time and they offer good flex hours. However, because it's so global there are many required hours "after-hours" which is difficult. In my department women are advanced based on ability but upper management is still lacking. Maternity leave is ok and I don't think anyone is judged for taking full leave.

Lady jackieswenson Business Analyst, X

I work in a smaller town, because there is no competition we are paid a low cost center wage even though cost of living here is highest in the US. As a woman and compared to my peers here in the office, I as a woman am not getting a fare wage.

Lady anon269 Vice President

There are a lot of conveniences depending on the department such as working from home, good benefits which is great for a working mom. On the flip side they will cut back and have others work ungodly amounts of time especially in peak times without much appreciation or concern as to how it interrupts personal life.

Depends on the department but that is ever changing
Lady anon271 Sales Branch Manager, Sales

Very male dominated but flexible, many people work from home.

Flexibility and potential good pay if OTE is met but very male dominated.
Lady anon272 Support Engineer, Support

I see a lot of women working in Oracle and a lot in positions of authority

Lady Girlonfire92 Sales Representative, Sales

Not a great place to work for women. Old boys club mentality.

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Oracle Corporation in the past year?

• 0%

say gotten better

• 0%

say gotten worse

• 100%

say the same

No comments yet.

Women Review Oracle Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Oracle Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 51 reviews Company Website Lady anon268 Madam Software Queen Lady Momboss Madam helper Lady alib211 Lady jackieswenson Lady anon269 Lady anon271 Lady anon272 Lady Girlonfire92