3.1

Lady Momboss

This company is in the middle of re-tooling for the cloud. I have worked here for almost 20 years (yes, incredible). I have loved my career at Oracle until just recently. I was so happy, I thought I would never, ever leave. But things have changed dramatically. In the last two years I have experienced that senior management is systematically doing a "Reduction in Force" to remove, experienced, older workers (anyone above 50). Next they either use offshore resources (Romania), or they hire new resources without experience who are willing and able to work extreme hours and don't expect substantial raises. From Safra the CEO She said that one of the key elements for the Oracle’s expansion in Romania is the highly trained workforce. “We invest here because it’s a good place to find highly trained employees. Romanians are well educated and most of all they are problem solvers. They try resolve things when others just stop. For us Romania is not just a place for low paying jobs. We have many employees who were recruited from Romania to take executive positions within the group and we have nearly all of our business lines present here”, Oracle’s president explained. There are many educated women in the US who are equally as hard working and determined when problem solving. Don't let her comments fool you, Oracle is highly motivated by cost cutting. Some things they are cutting make sense, others do not. Recently they announced that all remote workers could expect only $50 in expense reimbursement for home telecommuting costs (Phone and internet). For most people this amounts to about a $2000 cut in pay. Add to that, many US workers have not had a salary increase in 3-5 years (if they did it was only 1 or 2 percent). Yet the CEO's and the stockholders seem to do well. This company no longer has a balance with profitability, and human resources. Women are not equally compensated at Oracle, they are not equally promoted (past a certain level)in the same numbers as men. In the past, working for Oracle looked good on a resume. Now, I'm not so sure. I have not left the company, and I'd like to stay for some time to come, but these are tough times for the US Employees.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

You can rise to a certain position, just below VP and stay there forever. Even after 20 years, and all positive performance reviews

Madam helper

I've worked here for 5 years. There are many visible examples of women in top leadership roles at Oracle. Maybe not enough of them yet, but you do see women in highly respected positions throughout the organization in Finance, Marketing, and in technical roles. I've found great working opportunities do exist even for remote workers like myself and the company provides the flexibility and tools to deal with life events as they happen.

Lady alib211

I've been here for a long time and they offer good flex hours. However, because it's so global there are many required hours "after-hours" which is difficult. In my department women are advanced based on ability but upper management is still lacking. Maternity leave is ok and I don't think anyone is judged for taking full leave.

Lady jackieswenson

Business Analyst

X

I work in a smaller town, because there is no competition we are paid a low cost center wage even though cost of living here is highest in the US. As a woman and compared to my peers here in the office, I as a woman am not getting a fare wage.

Vice President

There are a lot of conveniences depending on the department such as working from home, good benefits which is great for a working mom. On the flip side they will cut back and have others work ungodly amounts of time especially in peak times without much appreciation or concern as to how it interrupts personal life.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depends on the department but that is ever changing

Sales Branch Manager

Sales

Very male dominated but flexible, many people work from home.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Flexibility and potential good pay if OTE is met but very male dominated.

Support Engineer

Support

I see a lot of women working in Oracle and a lot in positions of authority

Lady Girlonfire92

Sales Representative

Sales

Not a great place to work for women. Old boys club mentality.

Lady prezident

Professional women are paid equally compared to men. There are some very high level women at the top.

Lady Live Work & Play

IC Planning Analyst

NEGOTIATE SALARY UPFRONT! $0 bonus. Salary increases are very RARE, even after years of outstanding reviews. Oracle is known for not pay and therefore have terrible employee retention - even if you take a job at a new grade level, while your grade might change, salary is almost always lateral. Bonuses are only available for certain grade levels. It is a very self-serving organization: you teach yourself, you manage yourself, you are the only one to acknowledge your work, and you have to promote yourself to get your name out there, otherwise management will claim your work as your own, so protect yourself. Most Oracle jobs require you to work in the office daily, very few orgs allow for flexible work hour or WFH jobs.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Find yourself a good manager who will take care of you and help you survive in the cut-throat Oracle world

Have things gotten better, worse, or stayed the same for women at Oracle Corporation in the past year?

say gotten better