• Top rated company 2016
3.1

Software Developer

I donno. Lots of guys but that's more or less as expected as a developer.

Business Analyst

Operations

I have worked here for over nearly 20 years, and my pay is significantly lower then my peers. They hire in new people and pay them more. there is no loyalty. It saddens me really. I have had many roles and the one I have now requires very long hours and they don't want you to work OT but they want the work done. they do no offer good manager support or they hire in new managers who have no real experience in the role. we don't get raises for years on end and when we do, it is 25-50 cents . in the end, I will likely stay only because I do enjoy the flexibility of working remotely and I enjoy the people I work with.

Maybe. flexibility is a HUGE part of the job, so if thats your biggest need then for sure.

I've been with Oracle for almost 2 years and there are a lot of strong, competent women working here in every type of role and at all levels. I believe that women are treated fairly and have opportunity for growth and advancement. The company offers an incredibly flexible work environment, making for a good work-life balance. There are periods of heavy workloads, balanced by time to regroup and plan. The benefits are great and colleagues are highly professional.

Lady Willow

Who women are treated within this company varies greatly based on product line, department and manager. Management is male-dominated.

Director, CX Applications

Global Sales Support

For the most part, women can and do excel at Oracle.

Madam Software Queen

Senior Software Engineer

Technology

There is no direction as far as I can tell for career growth or pay raises. Getting information about benefits is difficult.

Maybe. Depends on your department and how much of a squaeky wheel you're willing to be.

Lady Momboss

This company is in the middle of re-tooling for the cloud. I have worked here for almost 20 years (yes, incredible). I have loved my career at Oracle until just recently. I was so happy, I thought I would never, ever leave. But things have changed dramatically. In the last two years I have experienced that senior management is systematically doing a "Reduction in Force" to remove, experienced, older workers (anyone above 50). Next they either use offshore resources (Romania), or they hire new resources without experience who are willing and able to work extreme hours and don't expect substantial raises. From Safra the CEO She said that one of the key elements for the Oracle’s expansion in Romania is the highly trained workforce. “We invest here because it’s a good place to find highly trained employees. Romanians are well educated and most of all they are problem solvers. They try resolve things when others just stop. For us Romania is not just a place for low paying jobs. We have many employees who were recruited from Romania to take executive positions within the group and we have nearly all of our business lines present here”, Oracle’s president explained. There are many educated women in the US who are equally as hard working and determined when problem solving. Don't let her comments fool you, Oracle is highly motivated by cost cutting. Some things they are cutting make sense, others do not. Recently they announced that all remote workers could expect only $50 in expense reimbursement for home telecommuting costs (Phone and internet). For most people this amounts to about a $2000 cut in pay. Add to that, many US workers have not had a salary increase in 3-5 years (if they did it was only 1 or 2 percent). Yet the CEO's and the stockholders seem to do well. This company no longer has a balance with profitability, and human resources. Women are not equally compensated at Oracle, they are not equally promoted (past a certain level)in the same numbers as men. In the past, working for Oracle looked good on a resume. Now, I'm not so sure. I have not left the company, and I'd like to stay for some time to come, but these are tough times for the US Employees.

Maybe. You can rise to a certain position, just below VP and stay there forever. Even after 20 years, and all positive performance reviews

Madam helper

I've worked here for 5 years. There are many visible examples of women in top leadership roles at Oracle. Maybe not enough of them yet, but you do see women in highly respected positions throughout the organization in Finance, Marketing, and in technical roles. I've found great working opportunities do exist even for remote workers like myself and the company provides the flexibility and tools to deal with life events as they happen.

Lady alib211

I've been here for a long time and they offer good flex hours. However, because it's so global there are many required hours "after-hours" which is difficult. In my department women are advanced based on ability but upper management is still lacking. Maternity leave is ok and I don't think anyone is judged for taking full leave.

Lady jackieswenson

Business Analyst

X

I work in a smaller town, because there is no competition we are paid a low cost center wage even though cost of living here is highest in the US. As a woman and compared to my peers here in the office, I as a woman am not getting a fare wage.