Oracle is a good old boys club in most departments especially in development and engineering. There is not equal opportunities, pay or promotions.

Enterprise Sales Manager

Commercial Sales

In Enterprise field sales, your manager controls the territory you get. Outside of the fantastic guy who hired me, the other 5 managers (I moved internally once, but have had 6 managers in 5 years) have consistently given me horrible territories. I am a very open, team-oriented person by nature, but I have been bullied, berated and threatened. I had a manager who wanted to tell my customer that I would be fired if I didn't get their business, simply because he knew the customer liked and trusted me. This is a 'good ol boys club' at its finest and we do not belong.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

I was too junior but I didn't see much difference in treatment. However the work itself was fairly boring and unremarkable.

A big company so your experience will largely depend on your region, pillar, manager, team etc.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

I'm new in the tech business and come from various HRD roles, mostly in non-profit. But otherwise than expected, employee engagement is much higher here. Although a startling 76% of my colleagues is male, I really feel that a female approach is appreciated. My male colleagues are also quite nice. Some weeks ago I had a new haircut, more than 3 male colleagues complimented me. Also, in a male dominated environment it is easier to act as an active diplomatic influencer. So yes: I like it here.

Director of Engineering

Once you're in expect to be forgotten. Don't expect a raise or a bonus. Insiders know that this is how Oracle ensures a certain amount of attrition; people get sick and tired of working so hard without any reward. Sadly, this ensures the top performers leave since they can easily get a job elsewhere. Oracle loves to tell you that compensation is not a motivator. While that's true, it certainly is a huge motivator if your pay doesn't keep up with the market.

Technology Sales Manager

Typical of male dominated industries - you will work 2x as hard to get 1/2 as far as your male counterparts with a base salary $20k-$30k less than your peers.

Director

Marketing

It has the typical problem that there are more men in tech positions and more women in support/creative roles. As a real policy, Oracle does not give raises, EVEN WITH PROMOTIONS, unless you come in with an offer that they decide to counter. If you get a good offer and the other benefits work with your life and you'll be happy there long term, it can be a great place, but it is not for the ambitious. You'll work your butt off for that promotion, but the only thing that changes is your business card title and the amount of responsibility you have.

Maybe. As a policy, Oracle doesn't give raises. So if you're offered a package that you know you'll be happy with for a while, it's probably a good thing. Oracle is not for ambitious people who want to climb the corporate hierarchy. Also, I see "abrasive" thrown around a lot in terms of women's communication style, which is irritating. That said, the flexible and work from home schedules can be a dream for parents.

I worked at Oracle for 2 years. I enjoyed my time there, met cool people, enjoyed decent benefits, onsite gym, etc. That being said I left because the environment did not lend itself to professional growth. I took professional development classes outside of work, joined teams, volunteered for projects, etc., but it was clear managers do no advocate much for employees, raises aren't given out much, and when they are it is typically based on seniority. Since everyone on my team was there 4-8 years longer, I knew that was my timeline for a raise (and not a big one at that). That being said, it's a decent place to work, but moreso for someone comfortable with a slower pace.

Maybe. Professional growth opportunities are limited, but if you are looking for something that just pays the bills, then there are perks that may make it worth your while (e.g., benefits, onsite gym, flexibility). Just don't expect raises or a promotion.

Marketing

Oracle is retro in so many ways: the technology, the attitudes, etc. It's an old-boys club. (I think Safra Katz made it to the top b/c she acts like one of them, and it ain't pretty). It could be a good place to start your career, but after 2-4 years, GET OUT. My department felt like there was a time-clock and no one put out any extra effort, and didn't question the edicts from above.

Maybe. maybe as your first job in tech