Work is not challenging. If you are in for building cool things, be prepared to do so by just managing to scratch the surface of their products.

Software Engineer II

In Memory Database

For young and ambitious women who wants to achieve big in your career don't waste your time by joining this company. Its good to join this company in mid of your career, where you need flexible hours while your kids are growing up. If you want to have flexible company to work with, then only join this company. Building better relationships with the senior management is very important to for your career advancement.

Maybe. flexible working hours, good learning but your manager may not consider equal to men colleagues. you will not given chance to rise up the ladder soon

Elisa Girl

Sales

I would tell myself to stop stressing because the job is not as hard as people say!

Lady Doggie

I hear things vary widely from department to department, but I am able to work from home and I set my own hours. I have been given several promotions and continued growth opportunities. My department is made up of a majority women, many of whom are wives and mothers who are very happy with the work life balance. I am happy where I am but I have heard that you really need to check into your department's stance on things like flex hours and working from home. Not everyone in Oracle is so lucky I hear.

Lady Osiya

Recent corp buyout. opinion still pending. Still they seem better than original corp

Lady Killer

Software Developer

Siebel

With new hires they had 2 men and 3 women. After 1 year, promoted both men and none of the women. No coaching or 1:1 meetings with managers. Never had a career talk in 3 years.

HardWorking Girl

I became employed at Oracle through an acquisition. Becoming an Oracle employee was a huge culture shock and took about a year for me to realize and accept that Oracle is a job, not a career. Salary is not competitive and I had been warned by other women (particularly those in a specific type of job role) that once you were acquired, there are no pay raises for a large population of their employees. Four years later and I can tell you the 'no raise' warnings were correct. I have definitely hit my dead-end, there is no opportunity for promotion or increase in salary. Why do I stay? I stay because the people in my organization are pleasant to work with and I have a boss that I enjoy working for. My boss allows me great flexibility with my schedule, resulting in a great work/life balance which is priceless for a mom with small children. Please Note: My information shows a recent bonus of $10 - $20K. This is incorrect. I have never received, nor am I eligible for bonus, but this site wouldn't allow me to choose a zero amount.

Aqua Girl

No. Just no.

Lady KittyMama

Overall alot of flexibility as I work from home. My boss is wonderful, we were all acquired. However no raises in a very long time, and its alot of people (that I know of) and not linked to performance. It's unfortunate, because other than that I am very happy.

SuperHardWorking Girl

Regional Sales Manager

I have been here for almost 2 years and asked to have a mentor assigned to me. Which did occur, but then the mentor left the organization and was never back filled. The development of myself and my career is completely on me. The management team does not either have the support from HR or the insight on how to support and develop front line managers. The positive side is that there are a wealth of training resources and OWL (Oracle's Women's Leadership Network), but again, I have to make the development happen on my own, in addition to working 50+ hours per week and be a wife and mother.

Maybe. I think it would depend on the roll and position