• Top rated company 2016
3.1

Lady prezident

Professional women are paid equally compared to men. There are some very high level women at the top.

Lady Live Work & Play

IC Planning Analyst

NEGOTIATE SALARY UPFRONT! $0 bonus. Salary increases are very RARE, even after years of outstanding reviews. Oracle is known for not pay and therefore have terrible employee retention - even if you take a job at a new grade level, while your grade might change, salary is almost always lateral. Bonuses are only available for certain grade levels. It is a very self-serving organization: you teach yourself, you manage yourself, you are the only one to acknowledge your work, and you have to promote yourself to get your name out there, otherwise management will claim your work as your own, so protect yourself. Most Oracle jobs require you to work in the office daily, very few orgs allow for flexible work hour or WFH jobs.

Maybe. Find yourself a good manager who will take care of you and help you survive in the cut-throat Oracle world

Lady CTdiva

I would recommend to manAge up....there are many type A personalities and you will be lost in the crowd if you do,not do this.

Madam Blueclaw

Business Analyst

Business Planning Operations

Don't accept a low salary; you will never get up to market.

Maybe. If you find a group that is willing to be flexible with work schedule and location, you are golden.

Lady oraclegirl

Executive Assistant

None.

Lady DorothyParkersGhost

I'm a top sales performer but I've been told that my attitude could be "sweeter" that I can be too pushy and aggressive. I've gotten on calls with all men, introductions were made by all other team members and my manager has said I will speak for her and did my introduction for me. He did all the talking the rest of the call. I was brought in by acquisition and haven't seen a raise since. In fact my manager was raised to a higher level and given a bump in pay and while slightly blitzed at a corporate dinner told everyone how bad he felt about getting "our" raises. They also constantly replan their sales people so they don't have to pay them what they earn for being successful. You think your going to earn a great commission and then suddenly it's cut in 1/2 but at Oracle they believe their pay is a "gift" to their employees not that they earn it. There are way too many managers, it is so management top heavy. Also have been told not to log overtime hours when I submit my hours to payroll even though I have worked overtime and am required to do overtime as part of my job.

Work is not challenging. If you are in for building cool things, be prepared to do so by just managing to scratch the surface of their products.

Software Engineer II

In Memory Database

For young and ambitious women who wants to achieve big in your career don't waste your time by joining this company. Its good to join this company in mid of your career, where you need flexible hours while your kids are growing up. If you want to have flexible company to work with, then only join this company. Building better relationships with the senior management is very important to for your career advancement.

Maybe. flexible working hours, good learning but your manager may not consider equal to men colleagues. you will not given chance to rise up the ladder soon

Elisa Girl

Sales

I would tell myself to stop stressing because the job is not as hard as people say!

Lady Doggie

I hear things vary widely from department to department, but I am able to work from home and I set my own hours. I have been given several promotions and continued growth opportunities. My department is made up of a majority women, many of whom are wives and mothers who are very happy with the work life balance. I am happy where I am but I have heard that you really need to check into your department's stance on things like flex hours and working from home. Not everyone in Oracle is so lucky I hear.