3.1

"Once you're in expect to be forgotten. Don't expect a raise or a bonus. Insiders know that this is how Oracle ensures a certain amount of attrition; people get sick and tired of working so hard without any reward. Sadly, this ensures the top performers leave since they can easily get a job elsewhere. Oracle loves to tell you that compensation is not a motivator. While that's true, it certainly is a huge motivator if your pay doesn't keep up with the market."
Director of Engineering, N/A
Would you recommend Oracle Corporation to other women?
"Typical of male dominated industries - you will work 2x as hard to get 1/2 as far as your male counterparts with a base salary $20k-$30k less than your peers."
Technology Sales Manager, N/A
Would you recommend Oracle Corporation to other women?
"It has the typical problem that there are more men in tech positions and more women in support/creative roles. As a real policy, Oracle does not give raises, EVEN WITH PROMOTIONS, unless you come in with an offer that they decide to counter. If you get a good offer and the other benefits work with your life and you'll be happy there long term, it can be a great place, but it is not for the ambitious. You'll work your butt off for that promotion, but the only thing that changes is your business card title and the amount of responsibility you have."
Director, Marketing
Would you recommend Oracle Corporation to other women?
"As a policy, Oracle doesn't give raises. So if you're offered a package that you know you'll be happy with for a while, it's probably a good thing. Oracle is not for ambitious people who want to climb the corporate hierarchy. Also, I see "abrasive" thrown around a lot in terms of women's communication style, which is irritating. That said, the flexible and work from home schedules can be a dream for parents."
"I worked at Oracle for 2 years. I enjoyed my time there, met cool people, enjoyed decent benefits, onsite gym, etc. That being said I left because the environment did not lend itself to professional growth. I took professional development classes outside of work, joined teams, volunteered for projects, etc., but it was clear managers do no advocate much for employees, raises aren't given out much, and when they are it is typically based on seniority. Since everyone on my team was there 4-8 years longer, I knew that was my timeline for a raise (and not a big one at that). That being said, it's a decent place to work, but moreso for someone comfortable with a slower pace."
Would you recommend Oracle Corporation to other women?
"Professional growth opportunities are limited, but if you are looking for something that just pays the bills, then there are perks that may make it worth your while (e.g., benefits, onsite gym, flexibility). Just don't expect raises or a promotion."
"Oracle is retro in so many ways: the technology, the attitudes, etc. It's an old-boys club. (I think Safra Katz made it to the top b/c she acts like one of them, and it ain't pretty). It could be a good place to start your career, but after 2-4 years, GET OUT. My department felt like there was a time-clock and no one put out any extra effort, and didn't question the edicts from above."
Marketing, Marketing
Would you recommend Oracle Corporation to other women?
"maybe as your first job in tech"
"Huge international company so reviews could vary wildly one department to the next. I like where I work. I've run across institutional issues that interfere with doing my job but none have been gender based. I've received regular raises (small 3-5%) and never had a problem being paid overtime when I've worked it. Oracle is not known for big salaries and raises but I appreciate the stability after years at start-ups. I also have many intangible benefits like controlling my own schedule for what hours I work, no dress code, and I like my team. I suspect much of my enjoyment working for Oracle is due to being in a small operations/development office rather than in one of the huge campus buildings. If I had to Ann Taylor my wardrobe or be in right at 9am my satisfaction would be much lower. I was the only woman until recently in my particular role but there are many women and minorities in the development and operations teams I work with daily. A benefit of giant corporations over start-ups is a working HR and company-wide instituted rules for behavior. I've never had a problem with coworkers so I don't know if everything would work the way they say it does the online training classes we take every year but at least the structure exists for filing a complaint."
N/A, Cloud Services