Orchard Brands

orchard.blair.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Orchard Brands to join us.

City of Santa Monica, California Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think the culture can vary a lot depending on your supervisor. My supervisor is a proponent of professional development so I've been able to attend some excellent trainings and schools, as well as work on projects that have really challenged me and helped me to grow. With regard to family, my supervisors have all been very supportive of work life balance, so I've had a very positive experience since my first child was born. However, in some areas there is not as much flexibility due to city policy - for example, no paid maternity leave and no official policy for working remotely. With unpaid maternity leave, you end up having to pay cobras for your health insurance and your anniversary date with the City changes she which affects future retirement and pension benefits. Also, childcare options within the city are limited. The city only has one daycare partner that gives city employees priority on the waiting list (no discount though - and it's expensive, upwards of $2000/month for an infant). The school is great, but I was on the waiting list at 12 weeks pregnant for my first child and we did not get off of the waitlist until my child was 7 months old, leaving a 3 month gap between the end of my maternity leave and our daycare start date. Finally, without an official city policy re: working remotely your opportunites there can vary across departments and leadership's willingness to ok that option. In sum, there is definitely room for improvement and some changes I'd like to see, but great overall work culture and experience.

SheKnows, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a woman-oriented business with mostly women employees, and I observed zero harassment. Pay is decent for editorial; benefits including mat leave are good. NY-based editors and writers who specialize in repackaging trending items into an editorial voice should be treated okay. But there are a lot of high-level management/strategy concerns resulting in several rounds of layoffs over the past 12 months; sales teams find it difficult to succeed. For a woman-led, avowedly feminist company with mostly women employees, C-level leadership is very overrepresented male (CEO, CTO, CFO). No priority to diversity hiring, which is reflected in a content bias toward white middle class concerns and tokenist treatment of WOC in the office. Current management favors NY-office-based employees over remote employees - more flex in theory than practice.

Not for Hiring

Recent changes include more consolidation into the NY office, fewer remote employees.

I've recently left the company, but what I wished I had seen was a commitment to feminist principles in leadership hiring, diversity hiring and remote management.

Kohler Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think, like many large companies, culture is dependent upon the department and exective heads of the department. For me, I feel very much respected as a woman and have not felt diminished due to my gender by anyone internally. The recently added flex time policies are great and were very much needed. I do think there is room for improvement with promoting women beyond the director level positions, seems to be very few female VPs and Ps.

IRI Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

It is an old boys club where women are rarely promoted and rarely considered.

All of the above need to be improved. It is extremely sexist.

Iron Mountain Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3.5 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but leadership is male-dominated and not diverse. There are some women in middle management positions but they have had to be extremely aggressive to secure their positions. Regarding professional development and networking, if women can stand out as "high potential," the company puts an obvious effort into supporting them. I am gearing up for maternity leave later this year - I need to do more research but I have heard from other mothers that the package is not great.

Ankrom Moisan Architects, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be assertive. It's a big company and it's easy to get lost. Also, don't let everyone assume that because you are a woman, you work in the interiors department.

Western Washington University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a large state institution with lots of bureaucracy, and the standard amount of institutionalized sexism. Each department can vary widely depending on the leader.

Care Dimensions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Your maternity leave will pay you for the time you've accrued, sick and vacation, since you started your job there. That being said, I only had a few weeks accrued but time also accrues more quickly than other places. Try to time your pregnancy accordingly. Supplemental disability insurance helps as well.

Hobby Lobby Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think it is a great company to work for, although my store is short staffed due to just opening in Jan. It can be stressful at times but everyone works together as a team and gets the job done.

Cessna Aircraft Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

It's a very male-dominated industry. That's not to say women aren't accepted. Overall, it was just a negative experience, with other woman in influential positions doing what they could to take down other women and make them feel that their contributions were not worthwhile. A lot of hostility and ill will.