Palos Community Hospital

www.paloscommunityhospital.org

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Palos Community Hospital to join us.

IKA-Works Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They outwardly believe that certain positions are not meant for women.

Allow women to have upward mobility in the process division. Also, allow women to have competitive pay.

Udemy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work! There is a deliberate practice to reduce gender bias and that is done through unconscious bias training, candid conversations in small teams and 1:1s with your manager. There are meeting protocols in place to reduce gender bias. However, there is a lack of women in manager & senior manager roles and I don't know why.

Leadership & managers are vocal about work-life balance, creating a work environment that is inclusive and helps you achieve your career goals. You can come in when you want / leave when you want - as long as you are doing what needs to be done, the time of day doesn't matter. A manager will send you home if you come to work under the weather because they want you to be healthy and also not to get other people sick. They partner with a middle school mentorship program and you can prioritize your involvement in that program. Work from home happens by team, based on what you do but it is an option and okay to bring up to your manager if that is what you need.

8 weeks full pay company policy plus CA/SF policy and with short term disability comes to about 4 months of paid time off.

Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Great place to work if you can get your foot in the door

Party City Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The pay is low to start and typically gives 2% raises after evaluation

CUNA Mutual Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is definitely a very solid old boys club culture in the company, particularly within the finance organization. There is one woman in a leadership position within our finance and accounting area and very few women in middle management. In addition, in the last six months I have seen several women in leadership positions, that I highly admired, be reorganized out or demoted to lower positions. There is also very little regard for women who have to care for their children and I've noticed that most of the women working for the company at my level either do not have children, have a stay at home partner, or have family nearby to help. There is no official flex time arrangements and in the few instances where I've had to stay home with my children (I am a single mother) it was definitely looked at unfavorably. If I had known the culture prior to joining the company I would not have joined, although the work is interesting, I support the services the company offers to their customers, and incentives such as pay, health benefits, and bonus, are certainly better than many other companies in the area.

Booz Allen Hamilton Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If there is gender bias, it is subconscious. I have worked with some great bosses, and some not so great bosses. In general, I have seen males get promoted faster and for their "potential," while women have to prove themselves and their capabilities before they get ahead. Work life balance is good, with limited travel and a chances to work remotely. Lots of inspiring female leaders at the firm. But lots of subpar managers with limited soft skills.

Make-up Designory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I enjoyed a lot of benefits from working at Make-up Designory, but I feel like this is a direct result of my relationship with people in the company, my longevity and my work ethic. I can't say that I feel like all policies are applied equally. Also,even though I am a well-respected member of upper-management, I still feel that males often have an easier path or are taken more seriously than I am.

The Dannon Company, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Currently, maternity policies are in line with most other companies. In the US, Danone is re-evaluating parental leave policies and I believe will make significant, positive changes in the next 12-18 months.

University of California, Davis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working here is fairly good, time is flexible depending on the individual labs/research groups and the projects and I assume the existence of sexism depends on these too. I had a good overall experience, although faculty in the science and engineering department is still mostly male

Wellesley College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of politics at the college, which seems to stem from a history of bad relationships among various directors and other people in leadership roles between departments. Definitely do your research about the specific department culture (and any others with whom you'd be working) beforehand. Your ability to take flex time or work from home days depends on your supervisor - these arrangements are often approved at the department-level and not formally established through Human Resources. Women working at the college for less than 12 months who are seeking maternity leave only receive 8 weeks of unpaid leave - which must be used all at once or forfeited otherwise - which is what is mandated by state law (this would cover paternity leave as well). Women with at least a year of employment receive 6 weeks of paid leave plus 6 weeks of unpaid leave; however, they are required to exhaust any accrued paid time off (vacation, sick, personal) during the unpaid leave time; you are given the option to use the total 12 weeks all at once or throughout the first year following the birth of your child. There is also very little transparency about pay ranges - the college does not list them, even for specific titles, and even within departments you are likely to discover that someone with the same title and comparable role as you is making as much as a 50% difference in salary. The vast majority of employees are female, which is what makes all of these policies all the more surprising. Finally, there is very little diversity at the leadership level.