Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Parks Canada to join us.

Fast Enterprises, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

It’s mostly guys that work there although there are some women.

Depending on the project, we have to work massive overtime. There is not much flexibility.

More structure around who they promote to team leads.

Hocking Athens Perry Community Action Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Bullying and harassment in abundance! Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Glouster, Ohio – March 11, 2018 I worked at hapcap for 2 years. At the onset of my employment I thought I had hit the jackpot of all bosses! He was attentive and engaged. That lasted about 4 months when his advances were not returned and I was dropped like a bad habit and left to train myself. I did both his job and mine for 6 months and was promoted to the next level. Within 6 months of my promotion my manager retaliated against my refusal to reschedule a meeting with a poor performance review that completely ignored my work and solely focused on his disappoinmment with the meeting. I then complained to the agency director with a 90 page complaint detailing his bullying and harassment and my boss calmed down ... For a few months... Until another event triggered him in Dec 2017 and this was the announcement of the new executive director, who just weeks after being announced mysteriously resigned. I could go on and on about the injustices employees are forced to endure at this agency but I'm sure you get the point. Besides having to work with man babies and just downright miserable people, the pay is dismal ( for most) while a couple people receive close to if not more than $100,000/year. This was my first non-profit experience and I believe there's more corruption in this agency than anything. I voluntarily resigned bc I couldn't take the harassment and bullying anylonger. My boss responded to my notice of resignation with "congratulations!". He hated his job and was very verbally abusive to staff and made no secret of his disgruntled opinion of other directors, their salaries and anything else so long as someone was listening. Towards the end of my employment my boss began monitoring my office affiliations and concocted a paranoid idea that me and others were conspiring against him. I again complained about my bosses lack of involvement and his monitoring my office affiliations and was dismissed as having a "personality conflict." Well that was just a bunch of BS b/c the executive director is retiring this June and did not want to deal with his director, which btw has worked at hapcap for almost 13 years and has been able to get away with this behavior for the duration. I had been awarded 1.7million in grants and brought $128k in admin fees into the agency whereas my boss did not get a 1.25 million dollar grant funded which jeopardized his employees employment. My boss was very lazy and did as little as possible. Just an awful, awful experience. Further, unless ur hired in at the very bottom, there are very few opportunities for advancement. If you have any ambition whatsoever and want to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, look elsewhere. No sooner than they hire you they will be looking for reasons to get rid of you. The agency has a lot of internal conflict and most people do not get along. Directors use their perceived "power" to intimidate, bully and harass the people that work for them on the front lines. I have a BS from The Ohio State University and 2 semesters in on my masters of public administration at OHIO Univeristy. I wouldn't recommend working here unless on a temporary assignment or you are desperate!

Security On-Demand Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't even apply. There are hardly any women here and we aren't respected.

The CEO is a great visionary but a terrible manager. We are understaffed and overworked. The women are treated as admins

Van Cleef Engineering Associates, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be open to communicating your needs! I have found that when I'm hesitant to say what I want, I find out that they would've supported me anyway. So I need to remember to just say what I want... in a nice way!

I started as part-time because I didn't want to be full-time with a 1.5 yr old at home. Decided to go full time when the work picked up, found out I was pregnant with #2 and they've been supportive ever since. Due date is early August and we are working with THAT deadline to complete work.

Vimeo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Employees are great, management is open to making changes to make the workplace more inclusive for women.

Kyocera Technology Development Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Laid back culture, flexible work hours, easy management, great work-life balance

SRAM Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't expect to be promoted. "Boys' Club" runs the show here. Womens' input is not valued. No diversity whatsoever at the top, whether race or sex.

Columbus State Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Most of the vice president positions are held by women. Women in higher education, I have found, are different breed than other women in the workplace. I am not on the academic side of college. The college is very policy-driven. Although, there are many women in upper management, the atmosphere is very much a 'good old boys club.'

Hire appropriate amount of people per Department. Many departments, such as mine, are understaffed and overworked. Not fair and equitable in comparison with other departments in the college.

Grameen America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Despite being a women's empowerment organization their benefits and especially maternity leave policies are not family friendly. Most leadership positions are held by men and the culture is very top down.

There is no paid maternity leave, only short-term disability which provides some pay.

BakerHostetler LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

This firm and its New York office in particular has an incredible maternity leave policy: 18 weeks paid and 6 weeks of additional leave, if wanted, unpaid. There are women on every level and every woman who has been on leave returns to their positions and good assignments.