Permasteelisa Group

www.permasteelisagroup.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Permasteelisa Group to join us.

McHenry County College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not let them talk you into doing uncompensated work outside your job description duties. They will take advantage and it is not rewarded by consideration for full time positions.

Provide a path from part time to full time employment for part time instructors.

E3 Federal Solutions, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

This employer values intelligent people with bright personalities and great work ethic. If you have those qualities, you will fit in. It can be clique-y, depending on where you are, and the compensation isn't fantastic for growth, but I do think it is an overall good company. I've never had a negative gender-specific instance, to my knowledge.

National Australia Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Make sure you are getting paid the same as your male colleagues. On two occassions I found out I was earning 30-40% less due to the non-transparent bonuses

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

United States Coast Guard Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Your experiences depend upon your chosen professional field. Some do not provide great experiences, I am in the JAG which is one of the best for women.

Picmonkey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

PicMonkey is a great place to work - parental leave (both maternity and paternity) is great, the hours are flexible and the culture is very family friendly. As with other companies I have worked at though, there could always be more female leaders. At the moment, there is only 1 above the VP level and only 2 at the director level or above.

We have quite a few dads and moms who have recently come out of "stay-at-home"ness and the company has been very understanding of flexible hours needed for school pick-ups and drop-offs. Also, if schools are closed, we will have between 3 and 5 kids in the office watching TV, playing legos, or drawing on the white boards.

Enercon Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Yes, I would recommend this employer to other Women as you have the liberity to adjust your work hours or also work from home occasionally.

Parexel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do your research, and know what you are willing to accept in terms of culture and benefits. Make sure it matches what the company and management provides in your department/function. There are big discrepancies across the organization on policies.

Bottle Rocket LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We hired pregnant women, and based on the number of recently pregnant women at the company, seem to do a good job of holding up to your current maternity policy.

Mindshare Worldwide Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Long hours and low pay