Physicians for Human Rights

physiciansforhumanrights.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Physicians for Human Rights to join us.

Keel & Curley Winery Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Expect working a lot of hours on weekends, holidays, nights, with minimal compensation or gratitude.

National Communications Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That it's a place where women are not allowed to do the fun work that the males were able to. They were limited to sit in their dark office and write knowledge based articles for Microsoft on beta products. Not much advancement for women here.

Many people stayed busy by not going to the main office, so the field technicians would just sleep in a small phone or office room at one of the many buildings that Microsoft has in the Redmond/Puget Sound area. One lady would stop at a few stores on company time just because she knew she'd get away with it. I don't mean just to get a quick bite to eat. I mean going into Target to shop, stopping in and waiting for a salesman at Costco for her to upgrade he son's phone plan, and stopping in the nearest vape shop to get new product for her to smoke in the company vehicle.

They needed to give me work that allowed me to feel productive. I was told through the "grapevine" that I was only hired because I was a woman and they needed to fill that requirement. After time, that's how I felt. They lacked communications and people were literally reaching for work, but they were not happy. It was a very sad and negative environment. There was major pressure to "look busy" or they would lose their contract with Microsoft.

Roger Williams University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men always get paid higher than women no matter how you negotiate

Issey Miyake Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Compensation is far below industry average. Benefits are dismal. No leeway to work from home.

Ayres Hotels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a funny company. Policies completely depend on which manager you work for. Some are very flexible and reasonable about hours. others are not! Be sure you have a clear understanding going in. Try to get them to put it in the offer letter or respond to an email outlining your derstanding. Even then, when managers change everything does.

Improve and standardize management practices throughout the company. what is 'excellent' in one department may be 'below average' in another. The family are very good, honest people. They are not very business savvy and this leaves too much room for managers to stomp all over employees.

Child Enrichment Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for one year. When I started, I was told I should be able to be salaried in three months. When I was eligible, I was told that the schedule changes too much in summer and to wait till fall. In the Fall, I lost a client and went below the required hours. I just recently acquired full time hours again and have now been told I have to keep it for 3 months before qualifying for salary pay and benefits. I have just hit my one year mark, and will no longer have to pay training fees back. I will be looking for a new job. Still no benefits after working at a company for a year is ridiculous.

Universal Health Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for 2 years. In my experience, more weight is given to men's work, their salaries for equal positions (less education) are higher, and and they are quicker to be promoted. Women is most roles aren't given internal promotions and taking maternity leave is detrimental to their career path. The family work balance for women is not tolerated as it is for males. Maternity leave is offered through FMLA, although one must use their earned vacation time before Short term disability payments begin. Overall, this company is not the most friendly to women and job security is not guaranteed if one has a family or health emergency.

Temporary Accommodations Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are not mommy/family friendly. You are treated differently if you need time off to attend anything child related. You have to give tons of personal details in order to get time off approved. There is a huge pay gap. If you are pretty and dumb or a male you will make more money. You are only paid well if you are a relative or family friend of someone high up in the company. Otherwise you are judged for doing anything family related or if you cant work a 12-15 hour day because you have children.

Evergreen Packaging Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This organization needs to be more progressive in all diversity including females. There is no formal communicated company position regarding diversity and inclusion and the culture does not support any efforts in these areas.

Concordia University Chicago Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in varied roles in the organization ranging from primarily directors to professors. CUC seems to be open to change and to promoting women into the upper echelons. They could be more diverse, but that seems to be changing as well.