Purdue University http://www.purdue.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Purdue University?
SweetPea

If your faculty things might be ok, but if you are staff get ready to be treated like a secretary regardless of your graduate degree or experience. When I told mysuspervisor I was pregnant, he told me "I guess we will have to hire men from now on."

Lady OhLaVache Program Manager

Lady Tenured Prof Associate Professor

This is my 8th year working here in engineering, and I'm about to have my second kid, now post-tenure. The policies around family leave are aligned with other big-10 schools, but that does not mean they are good. However, Purdue is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity, and that can help you manage your worklife to be more sustainable.

It isn't all that different than other universities, I think. But that doesn't mean it is always a great experience, especially for academic parents.
Madam Mephitis

Generally a supportive atmosphere, but like most natural resources departments, a woman has to work twice as hard to prove herself. It can depend a lot on who you're working with.

Women Review Purdue University for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Purdue University by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website SweetPea Lady OhLaVache Lady Tenured Prof Madam Mephitis