Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Pure Fishing to join us.

Vindico Group AB Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are no women in leadership positions at the organization, which is certainly discouraging.

J Public Relations Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That they can breathe a sigh of relief because they've finally found a company they can work for/with through all phases of life... young and single in their 20s through supporting a family with kids.

Abbott Laboratories Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.2

My bosses were entirely women almost all the way to the CEO. I was very happy with the company.

Publicis Groupe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get a tough skin, find a champion and work on your self promotion hook. Find the humble brag or you will be invisible

Weed out the high school drama, the cliques and the political antics.

Maybe. Depends on the role and who they report too

UCSD Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Excellent opportunities for meaningful work, personal fulfillment, professional growth, and relationship building. Personally, I dedicate more time to work than ideal, but I recognize it may be due to my high-standards. Resources could be more plentiful, but that is understandable in a public sector/non-profit organization.

New Albany Country Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have good babysitters lined up as they are not flexible with children's needs.

I was treated differently during my 1st and 2nd pregnancies. My first was in NICU for 5 weeks, and my boss allowed me to stay home with her when she got out of the hospital for an additional 4 weeks. My second, I was put on bed rest and continued to work - literally from my bed. The alternative was to begin my leave. While they had to honor the 12 weeks allowed by FMLA, I was told I had to use all my paid time off before using any unpaid time. Since it was early in the year, I asked what I was supposed to do when we had an illness, doctor appointment or emergency, and I was told it would be an unexcused absence. The policy gave them permission then to fire someone for an unexcused absence. My boss actually asked me if I could just afford to quit. I came back to work after 6 weeks. I had preeclampsia and was still healing from a cesarean. I quit 6 months later.

Maybe. It would depend on the specific job and/or person

YourEncore, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for three years. Women predominantly work in support roles. Women of substantial seniority within the organization are still required to make travel arrangements for men, clear lunch meeting rooms, and perform other administrative tasks, despite senior leadership roles, while there are subordinate males to perform those tasks as well. Women have to work twice as hard to earn respect and trust. It's exhausting having to justify opinions and work product, while also performing job duties. As a tenured professional, I have never spent so much time justifying accounting numbers nor watching my female colleagues of similar status have to provide the same data repeatedly, due to doubts by executive leadership.

Redfin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women at Redfin, many in high level positions (CTO, SVP of Comms, Directors, etc.). Overall I like working at Redfin and have learned a lot from some really smart people. That being said, Redfin does a fair to middlin' job of accommodating work/life balance - nothing above and beyond what you'll find at other startups: catered lunches 3 days per week in Seattle, standing desk option, Mother's room for pumping... What I really appreciate about Redfin are our health care benefits. We pay ZERO monthly premiums, 0% coinsurnace, and very low annual deductibles and copays. What could use improving: - Compensation: internal equity could use a review for market adjustments across ALL groups, not just engineering. - 401K: LOTS of companies, including pre-IPO companies, offer a match. Redfin does not. - Transit: Seattle's traffic is becoming untenable unless you live within walking/biking distance or a short bus ride. Redfin currently provides a partial subsidy towards a bus pass, which is great for those who live within Seattle proper but not sufficient/helpful for those who live outside of Seattle and are faced with either long bus rides (with multiple transfers) or sometimes longer commutes and sky high daily/monthly parking rates in Downtown Seattle. Extending the bus subsidy to those who need/want to drive would be a good start. As a new mom taking the bus every day doesn't sound appealing when I live outside of Seattle proper. - WFH: it's known that the CEO does not like corporate employees (those working at HQ in Seattle or SF) working from home. Sometimes working from home is a necessity (sick child, appointments, etc.) and it doesn't feel good to know that your business looks down upon you taking care of your family's needs.

United Way of the Bay Area Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 5 years. I think most would agree that work/life balance is encouraged and respected for all regardless of gender or sexual preference (parental leave is for all parents). PTO benefits are excellent and have gotten me through periods when fundraising goals aren't met and raises are minimal, non-existent, or we take a hit. The work week is 37.5 hours; I've never felt pressured to put in late hours. Few would notice if you did since if you're exempt it's assumed you are self-managing your time to get your work done. In the last few years flex-time and work-at-home options have been introduced for most positions. There are minimal paths to promotion and turnover is high (including multiple layoffs). If you can manage the drawbacks mentioned, it is a great place to gain respected non-profit and professional fundraising experience and still have a life outside of work. There is flexibility to take on new projects and keep one's work varied and interesting. The female CEO is widely admired (both in and outside the organization). The volunteer leadership is impressive and appreciative of staff. The current and last two chairs of the board are recognized businesswomen (one is now in the Obama administration).

Apollo Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7