anon2615 Advisory Associate, Business Intelligence

There is tremendous effort in the firm to encourage work-life balance or greater flexibility

At PwC, you will be asked to work hard, long hours. I truly believe that the rewards of being at PwC far outweigh the negatives of a hefty workload. PwC Technology Consulting teams specifically are making drastic moves in order to get more senior female leadership.

Create additional role for advancement, even if on the cost side of the business (called Internal Firm Services at PwC)
ladybusiness16 Manager, Strategy & Business Development

In consulting at PwC, as is the case with consulting anywhere, its key to find the right team/group whose subject matter and broader values align with your own.

12 weeks paid, and the other 4 were saved vacation.
I would recommend it to younger women if they wanted to get some consulting experience under their belt. The amount of blatant sexism varies by group in advisory, so there are some groups that will provide better experiences. They also have decent maternity leave policies, but are not great at re-integrating women post maternity leave
PwCer Senior Manager, Accounting

The parental leave policy is great, but certain male leaders seem to resent people who take advantage of parental leave (both men and women). If you're a man, you'll be discouraged from taking the full 6 weeks, and if you're a woman they'll downgrade your role on an engagement to something less meaningful (essentially "mommy-tracking" you). Note that I've only seen this in the NY office, and PwC is obviously a big place.

The firm offers sabbaticals to employees once they reach certain milestones, which can be added to maternity leave time.
I would recommend to women who don't have children and don't want children in the future. This job doesn't leave much time for family and whether your current manager/partner values that is a crapshoot at best.
anon2531 Senior Associate

It's easy to have flexible time if you're comfortable speaking up.

Good maternity leave, long hours
JanetDoe32

No company is perfect, but this is the first I've seen that is proactive about bringing diversity and inclusion front and center. I'm continuously impressed by measures leadership takes to drive conversations AND impact.

Maternity leave is great here, some work it out to take as much as 6 months off.
Back to me

PwC attracts talent in the market for lateral hires stating that they seek disruption and diversity. Ultimately they don't want to change. They're just a group of 40-50 year old white males selling work to their mates. They promote women to meet KPIs but miss the point with no real understanding of the benefits of diversity.

Remove /reduce the boys club and be truly inclusive
Tax1

One of the most female friendly, diverse organisations I have worked with. While some areas are better than others they take an activist approach to push equality.

TruthBeTold Senior Associate

They are quick to promote men. Women are seen in senior levels, however the diversity in culture stops short. Obviously certain cultures stand out as the front face of the office. If your skin color does not match the more senior level staff you will be overlooked regardless of how hard you work at your job. Vacations are great IF you can fit them in. They do offer full comprehensive benefits. Flexibility is offered but inconsistent amongst teams. And if you do not have children be prepared to dedicate a lot of hours towards your work as other team members will look to you for coverage of you don't.

Tax chick

Look at the office. I've worked at one that was fantastic and one that was terrible for - well, everyone - but especially women.

This depends entirely on the office. The firm itself is fantastic. Some of the individual offices don't follow firm policy with regard to women/minorities.

Women Review PwC for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of PwC by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 69 reviews Company Website anon2615 anon2600 ladybusiness16 PwCer anon2531 JanetDoe32 Back to me Tax1 TruthBeTold Tax chick