3.2

"You may like it depending on your role. It will all depend on who your manager is. "
"not sure"
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"It depends on the role. "
"What men are treated well, but there is still work to do, "
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Raytheon prioritizes diversity and offers flexible work schedules. It is a great place to work and offer opportunities for professional development."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Raytheon is an employer that embraces diversity and diverse opinions and respect to support an inclusive culture. We view diversity as a competitive advantage that enables our growth!"
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Run away, run away as fast as you can and never look back. They 'say' that they care about females, but their actions speak louder than words. They are hypocritical to the MAX."
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"The employer did not allow use of software tools that would have streamlined the work, thus, I was forced to work overtime just to get the basic work done. The employer HAD ALLOWED the previous person in my position (a man) to use tools to streamline the work. They ordered me to re-format and decommission the administrative computer that had ALL of the tools on it to make my job efficient, and then blamed me for not being efficient!!! Horribly discriminatory. "
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"It is a male dominated industry as a whole, not just at Raytheon, but we are working to make things better, always trying to hire and retain women. We also have a Woman Employee Resource Group with many women having strong backgrounds, PhD's, etc."
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"Raytheon is working on promoting more women into leadership positions, there just tends to be much less women wanting to go into defense, but the opportunities are there! Work life balance is great with having every other Friday off! Compensation could be improved, but there is more than just salary."
, Human Resources
"Some roles do have less flexibility (to work remote) because of the nature of the Classified work which should be done in a secure office setting. But most groups don't care when you come in or leave as long as you put in your hours and get your work completed."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Make sure your department has a good balance with management and coworkers"
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"Not IT"
"Alpha male dominant covertly abusive fear-based culture where micro-aggression, neglect, lack of public acknowledgement or even acknowledgement to your face for stellar performance, and silence are used to keep you in your place and leave you feeling diminished but are done in a way that leaves no way to prove the abuse."
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"Replace my manager and pay what the job is actually worth."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"You have to be your own advocate and push for what you want out of your career. They are happy to have you go along with the flow if you don't ask for anything different."
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Senior Mechanical Engineer II, Engineering
"Although flexibility is allowed, it is not yet encouraged. They are piloting a program to change the culture about flexible work schedules and working from home, but the effects are yet to be implemented or realized."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Your opinion and thoughts matter hiring females to increase diversity of thought"
Head Of Talent Acquisition, Human Resources
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Although the aerospace and defense industry continues to struggle with diversity and inclusion, Raytheon has recently devoted increased resources to addressing the need to attract and retain more women. "
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Treatment varies greatly depending on department, work function, and supervisor. "
"Still some objectifying of women in the workplace, and "old-school" managers make flexibility really tough. "
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"Varies extremely manager to manager and unbelievable cultural blocks to improvement. "
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"All of the people who are fast-tracked (e.g. promoted every two years after having started as an E1) are men. I don't know of a single woman who has been fast-tracked. The vast, vast majority of E44s and E88s are men. In the area where I sit, only four women have offices (i.e. only four women are an E5 or an E6) whereas at least 23 men do. The vast majority of women where I sit have been mommy-tracked. Nepotism is absolutely rampant. Most of the people I work with are related to someone else who works at the company. If you are the child of someone important or some higher-up is a family friend, you will get special treatment."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Ensure that you take advantage of programs already put in place and provide input for process improvement."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Just added three weeks paid maternity/paternity leave to existing time off."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Raytheon gives the appearance of treating women fairly, but they do not do this. Only caucasian women are treated slightly better of than all women. I have close to a 30 year career at Raytheon in El Segundo, CA. I have seen men always promoted over women. It has gotten to the point that a caucasian male (age in his 50s) with no college degree what so ever was promoted to lead a group. Every single person in his group had at least one college degree with many having advanced degrees. Normally, a person in his position would be required to have a college degree. This male is working on his degree (online via an east coast school) in order to have all the prequisistes needed for his job. While he is based on the west coast, he will never set foot on a college, but at some point will have a college degree. Infractions of every type are looked the other way for men. Women are scrutenized for everything we do. Pay inequities exist in every position. The only way Raytheon can prove it does not exist is by publishing salaries which it will never do. Publishing salaries will expose the lie. Ethics is non-existent in the company. Raytheon gives lip service to it, but does not act on it. Raytheon now has an initiative to only "interview women or people of color" for upper level positions. The key is only an interview needs to occur, but you don't have to hire that person."
One thing Raytheon Company can improve?
"Overall treatment of women which includes women in leadership roles, improving work life balance and policies, compensation, benefits, etc."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"If you want a voice as an engineer, do not work at Raytheon. Very much still a good old boys club and the women that move up, suck up."
Principal Systems Engineers, Systems Engineering
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Depends on the position"
"I work at a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raytheon. Acquisition by Raytheon has had a negative impact on our overall benefits, but work-life balance can be very good, if you hold your boundaries well. There are relatively few technical women but that hasn't been a particular source of problems in my personal experience."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"maternity leave is weak; benefits are getting worse"
"I was very lucky to be in a very supportive group where I was able to learn and grow. Further, my supervisors were very supportive of giving me challenging assignments, and seemed to be really flexible with me as long as I got the work done well. The down side for the industry as a whole is that it is very old school, and very much an old boys' network, this can make it very hard to be taken seriously."
Senior Engineer, Whole Life Engineering
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"The upside is they were very good about being flexible with me working from home. The company is very old-school, very "old boys' club"."
"It's solid company to work for as a women."
Senior Financial Analyst, N/A
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Women are a minority of the technical staff (which is the majority of people). The number of women varies by department. The company is making a effort to investigate whether women are treated fairly, and to improve subtle things that are a problem for women, but it's not totally perfect. Work/life balance is good, and you can fairly easily go back and forth between part-time and full-time. You will still occasionally run into ridiculous incidents of sexism, but it's not common and generally not conscious."
Senior Scientist, N/A
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Meeting and working with very talented people. Long term employee who has seen lots of changes over time. Benefits have gotten worse over time and perks greatly reduced but overall it's a good company to work for."
Admin, N/A
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"I've worked here for about five years. The company talks about promoting and empowering women, but the management structure is increasingly male dominated. I have found supportive female confidantes and mentors, but felt a lot of pressure to return early from maternity leave in order to not be "mommy-tracked" - which I did, and deeply regret. I also have detected that males tend to out earn females and don't seem to work as hard to prove themselves. Coming back from maternity leave was tough. They have "mothering rooms" to pump, but these are overrun to the point that I called HR to complain that after 7 hours of waiting, I was going to use a public restroom to pump (which is illegal). Days later I received a voicemail from HR informing me of the overrun mothering rooms...sigh. It's hard to build a network with the boys club feel sometimes, so I just do my best. Raytheon does offer flexible scheduling, but works its employees very hard and expects a level of performance that generally cannot be accomplished inside of a normal work week."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"It's fine if you don't have a family and have a thick skin."
"It's a large company, so it's entirely dependent upon where you are and what you're doing; engineering is a challenge, it's a union manufacturing house, and still is pretty stuck in 70's in that regard."
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"depends on position and ambition"
"Good bennies, flexible schedule. Poor pay"
Would you recommend Raytheon Company to other women?
"Most women who worked at my site (Fullerton, CA) were in support roles, such as Administrative Assistants or Configuration Management. It's very much an old boys club and sexual harassment is an unreported problem. Most women tolerate it because the HR Department was so ineffective and because of the rampant nepotism, no reporting was anonymous and retaliation would ensue. The only time you are listened to is if you are showing off a visible rack. I was not promoted until a friend (who was in a support role and had visibly huge breasts) told my manager it wasn't fair that I was passed up in favor for a guy who didn't work as hard and was not there as long as I was. My boss (a married man) had a crush on her and decided to please her by promoting me. It's hardly a meritocracy. When I worked there, I was a single woman with no children, so I can't speak about motherhood there. There were women who had kids and worked there as engineers, but their husbands also worked at the site and their husbands' employment acceptance was contingent on their wives also getting a job there. Lots and lots of nepotism, everyone there was someone's kid, mother, father, wife, husband, etc. If your family member works there and has worked there for 15-20 years, you will be ok, otherwise, you will be battling the "in" crowd as much as being a woman in engineering. I cannot say if this is a problem at other sites, just that it was a problem at the Fullerton, CA site. I know women engineers who work at the El Segundo, CA site and seem to enjoy it."
Systems Engineer II, Systems Engineering