Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at RealNames to join us.

Aspire! Fulfilling Career Ambitions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Support women, allows remote work and flexible schedules, provides growth opportunities

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Agora Cyber Charter School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

great flexibility, but there is a constant changing model of operations. Also, without a contract your position is up for removal or change every year (sometimes in the middle of the school year).

offer job stability and structured pay increases

Kink.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company has its challenges, but sexism isn't one of them.

Tsunami Tsolutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a young (14 yrs) company where they are trying to do everything right for all of there employees.

Doner Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

One needs to be prepared for long hours.

University Of Pennsylvania Law School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of strong and brilliant women here!

UrbanDaddy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Male colleagues were making 50% higher salary than women and not performing at the same level as women.

Gartner Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Gartner has a phenomenal culture. Everyone is incredibly supportive here - most people have kids and make it work. Very reasonable hours and very flexible.

Ocwen Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here several years and am more tenured than even my two direct supervisors (Director/VP level). Women RARELY get promoted within the company, and certainly not to Director or VP level. Jobs are opened externally before a woman is promoted. When a woman leaves, they often open up a higher-level position to replace her (e.g., Senior Manager leaves, new role is a Director level). Work-life balance is non-existent. People are "expected" to work late hours, log in from home, etc on their own time, but when an employee asks to work from home for a day (e.g. to care for a sick child), they are told that this is "frowned upon" and that only employees who are grandfathered in have this option. Women basically don't even want to get promoted in this company, because they know it will just mean longer hours, more stress, and still no recognition either for accomplishments or for the challenges that they face in the day-to-day operations. Executive Management is dominated by men who mostly have stay-at-home wives and who therefore can work crazy hours and expect the same from their subordinates. True definition of a "boys' club". Sad because there are some really talented, devoted people there who are driven away when forced to choose between work and family.