RESULTS

www.results.org

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at RESULTS to join us.

Johnson Controls, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They provide a lot of opportunity to learn, and have a great women's resource network, but they don't value the work/life balance part of the equation very well. Good at promoting women into leadership positions.

SNP Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work early in your career to gain skills and build relationships - but at the moment it's not great for work-life balance. That said, talk to the people there. The founder is a proud feminist (which I loved about the place), and is usually open to revisiting policies and the like.

In some ways, SNP is extremely flexible - you could try asking for more leave or return part time for example. But in practice the demands of the job are hard to balance with a personal life. The company "never says no to a customer" and doesn't allow out-of-office auto-replies on email. It's a great group of people, but a very intense environment.

They offered to get a changing table in case I wanted to come back early with baby (not for me, but one person there took them up on it).

New Era Cap Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

ALWAYS advocate for yourself; don't rely on leadership or HR for support in a culture of self-preservation.

Advanced Solutions, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its good to work with this employer

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Teespring Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would make sure you speak with women who are in leadership to see if the culture has changed. The culture had been focused on long hours, including coming in on the weekends for "hacking." Evening events didn't usually begin until after 6:00pm, which was not very accommodating for work-life balance.

Geek Girl Rising Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Company is rooted in philosophy of "women helping women."

Holland & Hart LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are encouraged to develop personally and professionally within the firm. There is room for growth, opportunities to step back if necessary, an emphasis on having a personal/family life, and in enjoying where you work. It's the best legal position I've seen for young female attorneys and working mothers.

University of California, Santa Cruz Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Unfortunately, men will have the same job as you and be paid several thousand dollars a year more, regardless of their qualifications in comparison to yours. I have worked here for about 5 years and most of the administrative roles at low and mid-levels are women, while the overwhelming majority of high level admin and "power" roles are occupied by men. The division in which I work, for example, has only male department chairs despite departments having excellent and competent female professors. There is no childcare on campus, but there was about a decade ago. Faculty often bring their new babies in when needed, but staff aren't able to get away with this. This is made more difficult by their only being about 2 "infant care" centers in town. Most women end up having to leave their jobs, taking Family Medical Leave for 12 weeks (unpaid) while the University is legally obligated to hold your job for you (on top of your 6 weeks "maternity leave") or hiring private, unlicensed individuals to take care of their infants if they return to work.

Salesforce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

Salesforce is making a big push for diversity and inclusion. That is a constant message. The Tech "boys club" is still prevalent. As with most institutional change it requires patience, determination and perseverance.