Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Rhode Island Department of Transportation to join us.

Everi Holdings Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

I've been very successful here, but I don't know that the same opportunities I've received are available anymore. I've also hit a ceiling in my career and my management doesn't seem to care.

Bosch Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

The success you have at the company really depends on your supervisors and the mentors that you develop within the company. Network as much as possible especially if you do not have the most open and opportunity seeking supervisor. There are opportunities out there for advancement and even International Assignments, but with out a drive to seek them out it can be near impossible for fields outside of Engineering.

There isn't a standard across the company let alone the divisions and locations. Something like the Telecommute Policy isn't standard. I have moved around with the company and some locations allow for telecommuting while others don't even if you are an Exempt Paid Associate. The benefits, compensation, vacation, and even the holiday schedule isn't standard.

Physical Sciences Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Being a woman at this company is difficult, and even more so if you're on the technical side. Every team and area is different, but the general culture is about 20 years behind, and incredibly slow to change because every suggestion is met with "we've always done it this way and have been very successful, so there's no need to change".

Time is flexible, but even with flexibility, the hours you need to work to succeed here are long.

DPS Engineering & Construction Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Your intelligence is not enough. You can't just do the work and sit quietly on the sidelines. You need to ask in a professional manner what you want and how you see yourself growing within the company.

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a PhD student, UAMS seems to care very little for their students. For ex. we have fought hard to have an affordable student health plan throughout the years.

Naval Medical Center San Diego Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work! Team environment, tech savvy with a lot of free training.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

November 2016

Be careful it's a good ole boys club. They don't like to try new innovative processes or new technology. Marketing is considered 'overhead' and is treated as such.

Learfield Sports Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I work at Learfield over 2 years in a sales role. The company seems to take random strides to try to hire women or diverse candidates, but IMO does not do a good job of trying to retain them. Every sports property's culture is different, as is headquarters, so it's hard to get a clear 'big picture' of how women are treated across the board. Could depend a lot on your GM or VP (most of which are males). I personally felt pushed out when I became pregnant. One month after I told my boss that I was pregnant he told me that my role was being eliminated. I was offered a support role (demotion) with lower pay that required a move...I did not take it.

Aci Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 1 year (first job out of college) and the company is generally 50% women. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated, with the exception of one team. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. I think the attitude is not meant to be harmful, but by dent of the teams being led by predominantly white guys, some sexism prevails, like calling women who speak up in tense meetings 'emotional' and joking about female issues. Morale is overall good, but there are certain lines I just choose not to cross or topics I don't engage in.