Rochester Hills Medical Center

www.rhmedicalcenter.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Rochester Hills Medical Center to join us.

Excellence Health Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The majority of the company's management is male, except for the PR director, HR Director & Director Australia. Several women are in assistant director positions. Our male colleagues accept advise from the other sex and there's no difference between men and women in this organization.

There is no problem completing work (documents, emails etc.) at home when kids are sick.

Vengroff Williams Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Okay company for a short term job if you can't find anything else. Typical old boys network runs the show. Pay is below average, the health insurance coverage is sub par and changes every year, so it's hard to keep the same doctors from year to year. The company does not believe in raises and instead uses various "bonus systems" based on your position. But these bonuses are never guaranteed.

They are flexible if you are the right kind of person, ie blonde young and thin.

Esurance Insurance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ask some tough questions on gender equality and opportunities for women to be mentored. Still carries a scent of the good ole boys system but it needs to be addressed. The corporate legal team is tough for women.

Some departments aren’t very supportive of parental leave.

GCA Services Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The environment and atmosphere is stagnant, dull, and not progressive or forward thinking. There is not a lot of creativity or room for new ideas. Women are given the same benefits and opportunities but are definitely treated with less respect.

AVF Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you want to make a change, this is not the place for you.

Management is not open to new ideas and controlling. Go ideas are routinely shot down, even with data to support them. For a small consulting firm, they are afraid to try new things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Rivet Works, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

There are several male members of the company that believe that it's their right and privilege to state disparaging and demeaning opinions about women, non-whites, and members of the LGBT community—anywhere, and anytime—within the work environment.

There really isn't anything—I am only staying until I can find something else.

SAFE Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great company, treats their employees very fair and offers great benefits! Really easy to move up (if you work hard your work never goes unnoticed.)

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

AIPSO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is 70% female, yet that is not the management percentage female to total, but they are working on it. Women who are smart and are not afraid to show it will do ok.

Maritz Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

Well, I've worked here for about 2 years now and it is a work at home job position. The cons in regards to this position are they do not provide any benefits. They also do provide any pay raises.