Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Roopa to join us.

Seattle Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You won't be harassed, you'll work with great people. As a woman this is a great place to work.

Promotion rates seem fair but leadership play favorites with exposure and stretch project opportunities.

Mamava, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great place to work. The company is very supportive of breastfeeding.

Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great work and life balance, and family is always put first.

Mount Saint Mary's University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a Catholic institution, expect to get a lot of push-back on certain feminist topics, particularly within Student Affairs. If you work on the academic side, you have much more freedom.

Inter-American Investment Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a strong Latin American culture so family values are highly valued as well as interpersonal relationships. Sometimes it is hard to steer the conversation away from your kids towards work topics especially for women (I dont see that as a problem for men here)

Flexibility is at the discretion of supervisor

Honey Baked Hams Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

To go in with a open mind, to create a workplace for women and now that her resume speaks of her qualification for a great position . Never settle. ask many question don't allow bullying on the job .

New Albany Country Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have good babysitters lined up as they are not flexible with children's needs.

I was treated differently during my 1st and 2nd pregnancies. My first was in NICU for 5 weeks, and my boss allowed me to stay home with her when she got out of the hospital for an additional 4 weeks. My second, I was put on bed rest and continued to work - literally from my bed. The alternative was to begin my leave. While they had to honor the 12 weeks allowed by FMLA, I was told I had to use all my paid time off before using any unpaid time. Since it was early in the year, I asked what I was supposed to do when we had an illness, doctor appointment or emergency, and I was told it would be an unexcused absence. The policy gave them permission then to fire someone for an unexcused absence. My boss actually asked me if I could just afford to quit. I came back to work after 6 weeks. I had preeclampsia and was still healing from a cesarean. I quit 6 months later.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Crunch Gym Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The culture can be very hostile.

Quanta Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are many old timers here. Some people it seems are being pushed to retire. Business is booming so they will fill any chair with a heartbeat. Poor management is abundant. If you love the single-file feeling you get at Big Corps...i'd say maybe....just make sure you get an office with a door.