Engineering

Don't expect to get promoted beyond manager unless you are at HQ. You may have to fight for your full maternity leave benefits, which are already dismal. Salary differentials can only be handled via the merit increase cycle which is a very small budget every year. A side affect is that performance ratings are manipulated to allow for larger increases for a few key people and everyone else gets 1%. The "e-team" aka executives are mostly white and mostly male. The two newly promoted women are white. It used to be more diverse before the current CEO, who likes to hire his friends. Slides during all team presentations show mostly white males. When asked in an All Company meeting about improving diversity, the CEO basically said the equivalent of "I have a binder of woman". There is zero initiative to improve diversity at this company.

It really depends on your manager and where you are located. I consider myself lucky to have a lot of flexibility with WFH and hours. Not sure this would be possible at HQ.

If you are based at Texas HQ, you will only get 12 weeks FMLA and 6-8 weeks disability (concurrent with FMLA). If you are not based in HQ, you may have to hire an attorney to get your state laws enforced, as the company outsources to Liberty Mutual and LB ignores requests.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Large company with 3 different groups and many international locations, so everyone's experience will be different. I'm in the US but not at HQ so that informs my opinion of "maybe" recommendation.

IT

Beware of good old boys club. New CEO and executive management, company is going through a lot of changes.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. certain departments are better than others

It's relatively equal in terms of gender equality (particularly in HQ) but I've found it impossible to crack that first promotion to management (I'm based in a regional office)

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. The HQ is quite good in terms of opportunity but regional offices don't have a lot of room for upward movement unless you want to do sales.

Mr