Saks Fifth Avenue http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Saks Fifth Avenue?
anon1465 Planner, Shoes And Handbags, E-commerce

Saks Fifth Avenue is one of the best places to work in Corporate Retail. I joined the Company's e-commerce division early in my fashion career after making a career transition from the Finance industry. My boss was one of the best bosses I've ever had in my career, I had wonderful colleagues, and I worked with products that I loved. Due to the nature of the Company's work, the merchants in the Company have significant control over operations, which can be challenging from a merchandise planning perspective in terms of planning and development tied to financial responsibilities. However, it was a great place to work for cross-functional collaboration in order to get the job done to achieve significant growth results as a merchant team and on a personal professional level. I highly recommend the Company for career growth and advancement opportunities.

baritriber

Women are expected to have a perspective, a strong voice, and a seat at the table. There are women in senior leadership positions and historically the company has been family friendly, although would be great to see a childcare option at work for backup. However, since Saks was acquired by Hudson's Bay Company, changes have been made to benefits so only time will tell.

Lady hackerbot Principal Software Engineer, IT

Note that the policy for paid leave at Saks/HBC varies depending on where you are in the hierarchy of the organization and how long you've been there. I got 8 weeks paid leave (through disability) and 4 unpaid (FMLA) but most employees get a lot less. I worked at HBC/Saks in IT for 3 years. The schedule is predictable and the work can be really fun. However, it's the most political place I've ever worked in my 15 year (so far) career and in my opinion, the political climate was a lot harder on women than on men.

Fun work, predictable schedule, but women held to higher standards for leadership positions
Lady Grey Senior Assistant Buyer, Buying

I've worked here for 5 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly. Upper management is male dominant but direct management is all female.

Lady anon480 Sales Assoc., Shoes

They have to be self motivated and be able to go on a roller coaster ride of emotions and money income.

It depends on personality of individual
Madam Natalia APM, AP

Know your self worth and expect nothing less from the company.

keep positive and do your job!

Lady Chanel Beauty Specialist, Cosmetics

Stay away from drama.

Lady ladyhawke Sales

It is a very challenging job but rewarding

Lady sonic

Work like a slave Bad paid.

Women Review Saks Fifth Avenue for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Saks Fifth Avenue by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 12 reviews Company Website anon1465 baritriber Lady hackerbot Lady Grey Lady anon480 Madam Natalia anon1535 Lady Chanel Lady ladyhawke Lady sonic