Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

RTPDev

At least in my division it's a good option in the Research Triangle. I have found management and HR generally responsive. I won't say great as there's room for improvement, but they are probably better than most.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

• Flexibility of the employer

I am not a parent so cannot directly speak to some of the points. A lot depends on your division, department and manager.

OysterDiver

There is a code here that I'm still trying to understand, and it includes a reverence for the founder and a sort of fear/reverence for powerful male sales figures that seems to affect both men and women. The higher you get in the company, the fewer women there are. You need to be very aware of politics and do lots of research. If you just want to have a job and be good at it, this is the place for you--you'll be fine. You can have great satisfaction and work at a level you like pretty much indefinitely. It's trying to climb into management that gets tricky. There's lots of tribal knowledge that takes a long time to learn--you have to seek out the various gatekeepers and figure out the history (sometimes it's rather complicated).

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I plan to but have not yet had children

• Flexibility of the employer

Flexibility varies GREATLY depending on role. Working from home is highly discouraged in some roles and being present in the office is generally encouraged--I'm ok with that--but the myth of the "35 hour work week" is not really true for people trying to