Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

Sears Holdings Corporation

Department Manager

Retail

Everyone wants to be noticed and rewarded for their hard work but don't let it consume you. Leave work at work even though sometimes they make it hard.

• Flexibility of the employer

GoldenGopher98

Good compensation. Very high health insurance costs. No 401K match. Negotiate your salary during your onboarding; raises are rare.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Maternity leave is between 6-8 weeks.

The company is going through major difficulties. If you are looking for great experience for your resume, then consider the opportunity. If you are looking for stability, then consider another opportunity.

BossLady900

Associate

Automotive

Again, if you're not willing to fight (mostly bigoted customer, and the occasional technician) this isn't the job for you. You don't have to know alot about cars to start as SHC has a wonderful training program. It takes a certain skill in sales as well. There isn't a lot of communication between corporate and the store, so at times, it can be frustrating trying to explain things to customers that you don't fully understand yourself. I do really enjoy this job, but the company itself could be better.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Working in the Automotive industry is as difficult as it is rewarding. It takes a strong woman that is willing to fight to be respected and believed. Sears does a good job of softening the hardships by having a decent hr support system. It takes a certain courage to be in this job.

Lady Sheep

Women and Men are treated rather equally, however the head of department is extremely demanding

Store Manager

Field

I worked my way up in this company from a cashier to a store manager of a Kmart. I took maternity leave 2 years ago, with a C-section, so I received 8 weeks paid. If I hadn't had a C-section, I would have received 6 weeks. There are not a lot of other women in my position in this area, although I think there are throughout the country. However, another step up (district manager) there are hardly any women whatsoever, and when you take another step up (regional manager) there are none. Upper management just seems to be very male dominated and the culture is too. Women seem to be relegated to certain departments like apparel or human resources, and while these are wholly worthy places to be, we shouldn't be shut out of upper management and other powerful positions.

Lady seras

I've worked here for 3 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

Lady armymom

i have worked for six years now at this sears store and we have been through seven managers . the company expects way to much and does not help us to succeed they set us up to fail. when we tell them we need help they say we have to many store we cant help you . and when my mom died three years ago the store manager asked me if i could fly to NY and come back in three days in other words can i do it in a weekend and be back on monday . told him no.....

Lady scervantes

I have worked here for almost 7 years and have seen upper level management come and go. The ones that are currently in the role are women yet have no understanding for working mothers and family commitments. My maternity leave was majority paid but came back to chaos with no one to support my advisers.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Love the people I work with but not the way in which we are treated.

Lady laroo

Whether male or female, all start at minimum wage

Lady Megafruitloops

OneIf they want to be a sales woman they should exspect the guys to be favored over them. I have been working at Sears for more than a year now and many times have I been treated differently than the boys. One being that I am always the one to ask to clean the department other than any of the guys. Especially durran football season when all the guys are in the electronic department.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It depends on what department. The MCAs and cashier girls are treated much better than the sales girls (at least in my store) that's how it is.

Women Review Sears Holdings Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Sears Holdings Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 22 reviews Company Website anon3611 GoldenGopher98 BossLady900 Lady Sheep Lady anon545 Lady seras Lady armymom Lady scervantes Lady laroo Lady Megafruitloops