Seventh-day Adventist World Church

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Seventh-day Adventist World Church to join us.

Kiewit Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a man's world, but if you can show your worth and aptitude, you can go far.

Payplan Solutions Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I was very unhappy at this company I would not wish for anyone else to go through what I did

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Euler Hermes Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It will take a while before you get promoted... Hope you're in for the long haul.

Pragmatics, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It can be a good resume builder. Not too much else.

it depends on if you are at HQ or on a contract.

They do not pay for maternity leave. you have to pay for short turn disability insurance and then use your PTO. There is a max of 180 hours you can have for PTO before it stops accumulating. I used STD and all 180 hours of PTO and still had about two weeks of unpaid leave.

CorePower Yoga Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

A challenging environment with a lot of gossip and unmanageable physical expectations. Although the teachers I worked with, I have since left, were kind they were very caught.

The Jonathan Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be careful. It's not worth it. If you are a minority or a woman expect to be treated like you are below every white man hired.

I already left.

VersionOne Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexibility is unmatched. Benefits are on the better side (pto is decent, large portion of medical paid for certain option, no 401k matching, no maternity other than FMLA). Until recently, there wasn't a dedicated place for pumping. There's only one room in the building with no windows and a locking door. There are not any women in senior leadership positions, nor on the product team that makes decision about what is developed. People are really nice and very smart and like to have a good time. Different departments have slightly different cultures and rules.

They follow FMLA. Short term disability is an option if you pay for it 12 months before you need to use it. My return date and circumstances were flexible for me to return when I was ready. I had a severe complication after delivery.

Handpick, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

For a small tech start-up, the ratio of women to men is pretty good, however, women are expected to do more things like clean up the kitchen, plan events, etc., which I find pretty sexist. The team here is diverse but some of the employees are from countries where it's common to make comments about how women look (she's hot, she is old, she looks nice today, etc.) that are totally inappropriate in US workplaces.

Serco, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As of now, senior leadership is nearly exclusively white and male. This lack of diversity translates into a tough environment for women - if you're not willing to be pigeonholed into "fluffy" HR or work as an administrator (even if you're not), then you will be considered difficult. Women are judged for taking advantage of maternity leave or FMLA, and the company isn't willing to negotiate (other than offering LWOP, and maybe COBRA) in extenuating circumstances.