Sharp Corporation

www.sharpusa.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Sharp Corporation to join us.

ITW Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Take note, they claim to support diversity and inclusion but the women initiative only caters to the senior leadership. So if your VP/GM is a woman no one else is attending those events

Acceptance Now Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work if you want a lot of hours and feel like you are at work all the time.

SAP SuccessFactors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

SAP is a great company. SuccessFactors is not a good part of it.

Product Support, Sales, Marketing

Unless you are from the GM's former company, the likelihood of getting promoted or recognized for your work is highly unlikely.

Sonobi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work there. It's not worth the trauma. Keep looking for another job.

I honestly don't know. The culture there, quite literally, is rape-culture. Can one thing change rape-culture?

Johns Hopkins Medicine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pay (and promotions) are based on HR checklists. There is no "interpretation" of five years of experience in so-and-so. If you have 4.5 years, forget it. Also, we get benefit cuts every year--no longer offered pensions, no IRA match, etc. PTO is your vacation AND sick leave combined, which really sucks, considering it's about 20 days total. We get reviewed every year, and even if you EXCEED expectations, you get a 1% raise. Tough to swallow, when you know doctors and leadership get paid way more (and get BONUSES).

Capital Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

I worked at CG for 2 years. In all departments (yes, more so in HR, but also in Accounting, Finance, and all the way up to executive level), women were a strong presence. Family life was not a deterrent in women excelling. I generally felt respected and encouraged to grow by my male manager initially, and then by the female VP I reported to. Overall, there is a lot of integrity at this company that I didn't expect to find in the finance industry.

National Institute for Trial Advocacy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a great company to work for unless you are planning to start or expand your family. There is an unreasonable expectation when it comes to time commitment and work/home balance.

New Balance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In general, work-life balance is good at New Balance. New Balance is very respectful of the fact that employees (both men and women) have a life outside of work.(At least this is true for the Lawrence, MA office. This may be different at different offices.) The standard work day is 7.5 hrs and there is virtually no pressure to work longer hours on a regular basis. Using all your vacation/paid time off as needed is also perfectly OK. New Balance is also pretty good about flexible work hours although this depends somewhat on the demands of a specific position. However, New Balance's maternity leave policy is merely OK. You can use short-term disability to get 8 weeks of leave at 60% pay and many women take another 4 weeks of unpaid leave to max out the 12 weeks of maternity leave guaranteed by the family medical leave act. There isn't a true maternity leave that is separate from short-term disability. I would say that, on the whole, there are as many women as men working at New Balance, but there are fewer women than men working in upper management roles. However, I am not sure what is preventing more women from filling these roles because men and women generally appear to be treated equally at New Balance.

Berkeley College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Largely a female-dominated industry in a mostly male-dominated institution but the few men in the international admissions office were treated just as bad as the women by the two female bosses. They made me feel like we were in high school as the bosses did all they could to belittled and demoralize the staff. Really added to the stereo-types out there about women not being good managers and hating other women - yuck. Just really toxic management and terrible lack of knowledge when it came to leading or creating a good team. Literally pitted staff against each other, and seemed to enjoy watching the results. One staff-member who had remained the longest, did so only because she had a young family and the small amount of paid maternity leave for each of her pregnancies plus flexibility allowing her to work part-time from home kept her there and afraid to leave for fear she would not find such a deal elsewhere. She did eventually leave though, soon after I left.

Radio Systems Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I have worked there for 7 years and have seen co-workers go on maternity leave and return (long-serving co-workers). I've seen temporary 'replacements' also hired even when the new mom returned. Typical work experience is very dependent on department you are part of and who your boss is. I was very lucky to have a wonderful boss, very understanding and generous when work-from-home situations arise. I was lucky my boss was a real champion for me and her direct reports, always working to better our situation.