Smashing Boxes

smashingboxes.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Smashing Boxes to join us.

Aritzia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think this depends on where

I believe in constructive feedback but not when it can be detrimental to someone's self-esteem. Many of the people who work n these stores are young women and we should be building them up not tearing them down.

City of Santa Monica, California Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think the culture can vary a lot depending on your supervisor. My supervisor is a proponent of professional development so I've been able to attend some excellent trainings and schools, as well as work on projects that have really challenged me and helped me to grow. With regard to family, my supervisors have all been very supportive of work life balance, so I've had a very positive experience since my first child was born. However, in some areas there is not as much flexibility due to city policy - for example, no paid maternity leave and no official policy for working remotely. With unpaid maternity leave, you end up having to pay cobras for your health insurance and your anniversary date with the City changes she which affects future retirement and pension benefits. Also, childcare options within the city are limited. The city only has one daycare partner that gives city employees priority on the waiting list (no discount though - and it's expensive, upwards of $2000/month for an infant). The school is great, but I was on the waiting list at 12 weeks pregnant for my first child and we did not get off of the waitlist until my child was 7 months old, leaving a 3 month gap between the end of my maternity leave and our daycare start date. Finally, without an official city policy re: working remotely your opportunites there can vary across departments and leadership's willingness to ok that option. In sum, there is definitely room for improvement and some changes I'd like to see, but great overall work culture and experience.

Covestro Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of young women starting careers at company but unlikely they will stay after they become mothers. Only a few women have made it to VP positions (mostly from Marketing / not Manufacturing)

In 2000 and 2004.

Talent Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is very family-friendly because you decide when to take orders and when to write.

UPMC Health Plan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Expect to get 60% of your pay when you go on leave when you have a baby, and that's only for 6 weeks then they use any PTO you've earned. Oh, and they degrade you by calling it short term disability, not maternity leave.

The Conference Board Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on the dept you work, the work life balance is great. Normal work hours is 35hrs and ability to work remote. Management is fairly diverse but it is hard to network or move up. Everyone has been there 20 plus years so there is no room to grow within the company. Also you have to be with the "in" crowd to make it to the top. Most women tend to be in the mid-level roles for 10 plus years.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Eurasia Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A great place to be a woman, however I do not recommend this org for other reasons (which you can find on Glassdoor).

Genpact Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

They are putting a big initiative to attract women in the workplace.

BASF Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

March 2015

Company has good medical/dental benefits and excellent 401K. Also offers medical benefits for same sex couples. Excellent tuition reimbursement and vacation package. Most positions have the option to work from home a few days during the week. Most management is open to helping you advance within the organization.