Special Olympics www.specialolympics.org/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Special Olympics?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Special Olympics to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

United States Tennis Association

10/4/16, 6:25 PM

Though it could be an incredible organization, the National Tennis Center and corporate office show considerable ddiscrimination toward females and promotion.

iFLY Indoor Skydiving

8/21/16, 10:46 PM

Good luck getting your ideas respected unless you let your male direct report take claim for them.

Dallas Cowboys

8/11/16, 2:26 PM

Use this as a stepping-stone experience-when you're single and don't have any family responsibilities. Long hours, low pay, minimal growth opportunity but great resume builder.

I actually quit when I found out I was pregnant.

PGA Tour

100% might recommend
5/4/16, 7:21 PM

The PGA TOUR just enacted 6 weeks of paid maternity. This would be after the 6 weeks of medial leave (6 wks for normal birth, 8 for C section). You would have to use your PTO or get paid at 60% of your pay for the first 6 weeks, but the 2nd 6 weeks are 100% paid.

Maybe. There are certain departments where women are valued and pro ...

Competitor Group

100%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
2/12/16, 9:56 PM

I've worked here for more than six years. Until recently, the company had an entirely male executive team, but has since gotten a new CEO, women on the executive team and a new HR director. The company is probably 90% people in their 20s and 30s, and most positions require travel. Most people stay here for the cool job (putting on races, making magazines), rich health benefits and awesome coworkers. The company feels constantly unstable financially however, and the turnover rate is quite high. Not every department or role has much room for advancement. For maternity leave, employees receive nothing from the company--HR only does what is required by law in the state of California and nothing more. There's not a great work-life balance promoted in the culture, but certain departments seem to have found it (mainly depends on your boss).

Maybe. It's an endurance sports company and has excellent benefits. ...

Learfield Sports

2/10/16, 3:26 PM

I work at Learfield over 2 years in a sales role. The company seems to take random strides to try to hire women or diverse candidates, but IMO does not do a good job of trying to retain them. Every sports property's culture is different, as is headquarters, so it's hard to get a clear 'big picture' of how women are treated across the board. Could depend a lot on your GM or VP (most of which are males). I personally felt pushed out when I became pregnant. One month after I told my boss that I was pregnant he told me that my role was being eliminated. I was offered a support role (demotion) with lower pay that required a move...I did not take it.

Skillshow

2/8/16, 9:16 PM

I am the only woman in staff and have had some trouble getting fair treatment in terms of pay and intangible benefits the boys seemed to get.

Washington Interscholastic Activities Association

100% would recommend
1/21/16, 1:00 AM

Athletic Associations need more women working in them to provide a quality product for all to enjoy. Progress is being made, but the equality is still not there for women in higher up positions. This company is very team-oriented and family friendly. Whenever situations arise that an employee needs to tend to with family, time off is certainly granted appropriately.

The Washington Athletic Club

1/20/16, 4:23 PM

This is a good ole boys club. To the men in management and the men in the membership, if you're a woman in that building you must be a secretary or somebody's wife.

US Quidditch

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
10/21/15, 3:53 AM

US Quidditch (formerly the International Quidditch Association) is very gender balanced and actively strives for a gender equal workplace, as it does with the sport it governs. A young work force--I worked there when it was transitioning from a more informal organization of students to a fully fledged company with fully time employees overseeing major sports events--the staff are enthusiastic, and gender was never an issue. Given the age of the staff and youth of the company, however, maternity leave has not come up yet. However, I cannot see it being a problem.