Springfield Public Schools www.springfieldpublicschools.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Springfield Public Schools?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Springfield Public Schools to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Broome-Tioga BOCES

100% would recommend

Because this is a school for special needs children it at times will be loud, chaotic, and stressful. You must always be prepared for anything and expect the unexpected! It is a great facility, but not cut out for everyone so consider if this type of environment is suited to you.

Kaplan International

100% might recommend

50/50 chance of a good experience. There is a women's lunch group that meets regularly to talk about common issues, policies and how to navigate work in engineering as a women. The maternity & parental leave policy was not anything special.

Not for Pay, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

• 5

Set schedule for coding bootcamp makes it very inflexible for parenting & pregnancy. However, the director would attend to parenting needs but not extend the same flexibility to employees. Most of the positions at the coding bootcamp require face time but there wasn't a willingness to play with the teaching schedule to accommodate parents.
Maybe. Not many policies and systems in place to reduce gender bias. Lack of manager training around people development and not many women in leadership.

General Assembly

67% would recommend

The guys who work at GA are very supportive and outspokenly feminist. There are also a lot of female employees, although not a high proportion of female engineers.

One of the executives didn't take any time off when he had a kid. It was his third kid so it's not like he was new at fatherhood, but I thought it still sent a message about his priorities and his perception of how executives should work.

• 5

A very large proportion of the employees are remote, so working from home is not a problem at all.

Kaplan Test Prep

3.7
November 2016

In general, Kaplan does a lot to keep women happy as employees. Most employees work virtually, which allows a very flexible schedule. Pay is good (not great, but definitely not bad). And the other benefits that come with the job are good. The biggest issue I personally have is in regards to roles. Kaplan is a company that has MANY women staffed. However, if you do a break down of women in leadership roles, that number shrinks considerably. It's really disheartening and there's really no reason that should be the case. It is slowly changing, but it's still the case.

Kaplan will be instituting better mat. leave in 2017. However, for me, I had to use FMLA. So since I had a vaginal birth, I received only 6 weeks. From there, I had to use my own vacation time. Otherwise, I could have used 6 additional weeks unpaid.

Linden Board Of Education

October 2016

This employer is great and will accommodate any of your needs. They treat men and woman equally. It is a great place to work

Hawaii State Department of Education

100% would not recommend
October 2016

Not pregnancy friendly. Being judged and treated rudely by my Principal. Forced to attend trainings outside my contracted time. Not understanding of my difficult first trimester.

Currently pregnant. Will need to take maternity leave next year.

National Society of Leadership and Success

100% would not recommend
October 2016

Please just don't. It's really depressing. They don't promote women often, and when they do, they're usually only because they're the ones who are compliant and will do whatever the higher-ups (men) tell them to do without talking back.

Fairfield Suisun Unified School District

July 2016

It is a well paying job, and the support is great (at certain schools)

I will need to in the future.

General Assembly

67% would recommend

If you are an instructor, they are great at being flexible and allowing you to suggest your own dates for classes. They just changed how they pay and it has totally ripped the teachers off. There is no motivation to bring in more students when you don't get paid "per-student" and instead get paid "per hour."

Phillipsburg School District

100% would recommend

School system is a great place to work. Wonderful if you have kids, flexible hours lots of time off.

Facebook