St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital

www.stjohnprovidence.org/macomb/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital to join us.

Picmonkey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

PicMonkey is a great place to work! We are treated very fairly, I almost always feel like I am heard, and there is even a Diversity & Inclusion monthly meeting to discuss various ways to grow. Additionally, there are many men and women that WFH regularly, have different hours based on kid drop off, and PicMonkey has very generous parental and maternity leave.

Keller Williams Realty Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are tired of false promises about growth opportunities, this is not the place for you.

Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would recommend she not work here. During the 2016 election, the white, educated, affluent CEO eventually came out with, "I'm not saying a woman CAN'T be president, but..." So I said, "But what?" And he was like, "Nothing." And I said, "So you ARE saying a woman can't be president." And he asked that we discontinue the conversation because he felt I was being too aggressive.

The CEO of this company likes to talk about being generous and respecting everyone's home life, but as soon as you want to use that time doing anything he doesn't agree with, he will take issue with you. For example, I began a health improvement plan that necessitated I eat fresher foods for lunch and not eat at my desk, so I began taking lunch breaks (which I'd never done before and is NOT the culture of the company). I ALWAYS made up that time by staying later than 5, but the CEO still gave me grief and said, "You need to be mindful of your behavior." But then if you said, "Oh, would it be ok if I ran to the post-office?" he'd say, "This isn't elementary school. We're all adults here. Please don't ask me about things like this. Just do what you need to do." You can see the problem.

I have no idea what the maternity leave policy is or even if there is one.

The CEO of this start-up treats women differently than men in the work environment--talking over women; dismissing their ideas, but lauding those exact same ideas when coming from a male employee; minimizing their work ("well, your job is JUST xyz, so your contribution isn't THAT big"); and constantly making them defend their work. I left because I was so traumatized by the insidious misogyny, and unless ALL of that changes, I wouldn't recommend this company to any other women.

United States Department Of Agriculture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

There are a lot of parents that work here and supervisors and upper management that are parents or grandparents understand the need to spend time with family and are flexible when workload allows for time off. Compensation is fairly equal among men and women and based on time working with the Federal Governement and prior job qualifications, not based on gender.

I used my own earned vacation that I banked prior to having children. They do advance you sick leave or annual leave, but you will need to earn it back over-time. 12 weeks are given unpaid via MFLA. I did not take unpaid leave.

Glympse Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You'll be talked over and yelled at, then coached on how to change since the dominant males never will.

As a small company, not required to allow leave under FMLA.

University of Tulsa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are men and women at all levels of the company. As far as I'm able to tell, women are treated fairly, although there isn't salary transparency. Although, I do not know any men in support positions.

Maclaren Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No good

Eldorado Computing, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 5 years and the place was vibrant and fast-paced at the beginning. But, it is a division of an India company and 3 years ago, made to stand on its own two legs. Since then, we've have 2 major layoffs. People continue to leave and there are so few people, it is hard to get anything done. There is no difference between how men and women are treated in this company.

PRO Unlimited, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

This is a pre-dominantly woman driven company. It can be wonderful if you are working with clients directly. If you work in back office support,you can expect to be underpaid, overworked and under appreciated.

Maybe. y side it can be a nightmare

EnerNOC, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

June 2015

Women are generally treated fairly at EnerNOC, and drastically increased in numbers during my 7-year tenure. However, senior management is 98% male, and I have seen many examples of sexism, some rather blatant. I was part of "Women at EnerNOC", an attempt to increase the number of women in the ranks, but I often felt like it was looked on with some amusement by the senior team. Benefits are pretty standard, and I have seen several women go out on maternity leave, but change is so frequent here that 1 woman came back and had a new boss, job and team after her leave. I had a great 5 years here, made some wonderful connections and friends and loved my job, and then a very bad 2 years, and ultimately left earlier this year. There is a lot of restructuring going on. By the time I left, I felt like I wasn't appreciated in any way for my management skills (which tend to be more towards empathy and human psychology), and that I wasn't competent in the workplace. I would point the finger at myself except I know the company made others feel that way as well. I wish them all the best, and as I said, I had an amazing 5 years here, but I am happy that I left.

Maybe. It could be a better environment for women, especially with regards to promotions to senior level.