Staples, Inc. http://www.staples.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Staples, Inc.?
Champion

unfortunately Not much managment opportunities for women at this company

Lady HRBP1000 HR Manager, HR

Decent company who doesn't understand true equity

Lady Chachi Operations Manager, Office Supply

Low pay and short hours for part time, and when you are hired you are not in any certain dept you have to learn everything from the get go.

We have a new boss and he has made his own attendance policy, because staples did not have much of one to being with, so he made his own, and also he seems to try to stay away from the women, because he does not want to hear what they have to say.
Lady giggles53

I've been with this company almost a year and, I find it to be the "GOOD OLE BOYS CLUB". We have an Operations Manager that CANNOT DO THE JOB and yet he continues to keep this position. Our Assistant Store Manager cannot seem to move up in the company even though she is an EXCELLENT LEADER, I feel that she has not been treated fairly and should have a position as a STORE MANAGER.

The hiring process is a Nightmare. I had to complete the background check 3 times before it came thru. The store is poorly run and needs new and better Management.
Madam mommy Sr. Manager

Great discounted Bright Horizons childcare center. Like any large companies, flexibility and work life balance is a directly related to your Manager. I was always fortunate to have really great managers. A lot of opportunities to work on different things and Staples is always best in class with most of what they do Marketing related. They are stingy with pay raised for promotions as well as lateral moves.

Lady Traveller

There are a lot of women working here and many in senior positions. There is a great Women in Business group that has networking events and occasional guest speakers.

Lady teintnatural Associate

I've been here around 4 years, two different stores. I've seen men and women in all departments, and all levels of management. My previous store manager was a woman, and she outshone both male managers I've had here. So good, in fact, that they transferred her to another store that was suffering so she could bring it up to level. Her replacement is abyssmal. He seems to favor the male underlings with regards to who he listens to, but those males also all work in a particular department that requires a lot more managerial support. So I think it's more to do with the position itself rather than the gender of the person in it. If the tech team was headed up by a woman I think she'd get the most managerial support.

Lady Golf Goddess Manager, Marketing

Women had been in leadership roles for many years. Women however can be much harder to work with. So many agendas and mood swings. Must have the ability to adapt to many personalities.

Lady sowerbyj Team Supervisor

I worked there for 6 years. Men and women were treated equally in my experience. It was the company asking for us to meet unrealistic expectations that made working there difficult. I should not have to sign my life away for a mere 8 dollars an hour. Horrible.

Lady Carykat Operations Supervisor

I have worked at Staples for almost 5 years. They seem to have a lot of part time jobs that are in the lower paying jobs in the store such as cashier and copy center. Then as you move up into tech or management, not so much.

It really depends on who the general manager is.

Women Review Staples, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Staples, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.9 stars, based on 18 reviews Company Website Champion Lady HRBP1000 Lady Chachi Lady giggles53 Madam mommy Lady Traveller Lady teintnatural Lady Golf Goddess Lady sowerbyj Lady Carykat