State Farm https://www.statefarm.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about State Farm?
dreamcatcher Claims Specialist, Operations

If you like the feeling of being comfortable, then this is the place for you. Theres no room to think outside the box.

Great pay, great maternity leave & flexibility when needed. Growth within

anon2866 Insurance Agent, Sales

Great place. Strict on Attendance. Great pay also & growth opportunities

triangleforest

I have heard that certain departments operated more like a good ol' boys' club, while in contrast my department consisted mostly of women. Again, it is such a large company that your experience will depend largely on your team / department.

It depends on your goals, and it depends on the location / team you're on. I've seen women represented well at all levels of management. Many women I worked with have been with the company for their entire careers, and it seemed family-friendly. You can rise quickly within the ranks if you fit well with the culture, are willing to move all over the country, and you become one of the "favorites" - otherwise, it's an okay place to work for a while and then move on. Starting out, the pay is noticeably lower than equivalent positions at competing companies, but this may improve over time/ with promotions if you're willing to play the long game. The "tipping point" seemed to be 5 years, after which point most people choose to stay for the rest of their careers.
I did not feel that I fit in with the culture, so I pursued other opportunities. I am not sure they could have done anything about that.

In my department, there is great work life balance and it is family friendly.

Insurance Lady Manager, Operations

Networking and relationships are the to key to advancement within a department and movement into others. Insurance education is a must. Personal development is important but is limited to those who are successful in their current role and have been identified as high potential. Having strong relationships and likability will create opportunities faster that exceeding expectations. One needs only to meet the basic expectations in their current role and demonstrate the desire and ability to do more to receive opportunities. Mobility is essential for advancement.

Recent changes to time off policies are attractive to newer employees. More tenured employees may feel like they've lost some benefits, Howeer, the new policies reduce abuse of the system,ultimately saving the company and the customer money,
Yemaya77

This is not a place to want to retire from

anon1385 Ccc Sales, Sales

Less telecommuter positions available

Lady Tech-in-Training Claims Associate, Initial Loss Reporting

It's a corporation, no perks to lower-rung associates. Gender wise the management is diverse (lots of females) but seem to be out of touch with those they supervisor. Maternity leave is handled as a disability (typical unfortunately) so it is not a negative to take the leave. It is a negative to be out ill for any reason in my department. I've noticed plenty of women who are penalized by management for being absent for caring for sick children.

Madam Executive

Women are expected to act like men in order to succeed.

Women Review State Farm for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of State Farm by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 26 reviews Company Website dreamcatcher anon2865 anon2866 triangleforest Insurance Lady Yemaya77 anon1385 Lady Tech-in-Training Madam Executive