State Farm https://www.statefarm.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about State Farm?

In my department, there is great work life balance and it is family friendly.

Insurance Lady Manager, Operations

Networking and relationships are the to key to advancement within a department and movement into others. Insurance education is a must. Personal development is important but is limited to those who are successful in their current role and have been identified as high potential. Having strong relationships and likability will create opportunities faster that exceeding expectations. One needs only to meet the basic expectations in their current role and demonstrate the desire and ability to do more to receive opportunities. Mobility is essential for advancement.

Recent changes to time off policies are attractive to newer employees. More tenured employees may feel like they've lost some benefits, Howeer, the new policies reduce abuse of the system,ultimately saving the company and the customer money,
Yemaya77

This is not a place to want to retire from

anon1385 Ccc Sales, Sales

Less telecommuter positions available

Lady Tech-in-Training Claims Associate, Initial Loss Reporting

It's a corporation, no perks to lower-rung associates. Gender wise the management is diverse (lots of females) but seem to be out of touch with those they supervisor. Maternity leave is handled as a disability (typical unfortunately) so it is not a negative to take the leave. It is a negative to be out ill for any reason in my department. I've noticed plenty of women who are penalized by management for being absent for caring for sick children.

Madam Executive

Women are expected to act like men in order to succeed.

Lady songbird

This is not a family oriented company. Work/Life balance is talked about but does not exist. You will be given a hard time to leave when your child is sick. You must be looking into higher education to move up. Lots of nepotism, raises are dictated by a group of supervisors not just yours and not how well you do your job.

Lady Sweeper Claims Associate

During my time with the company, they did not offer paid maternity leave. FMLA only applies if you have worked for the company for at least 1 year.

Lady anon340 Claims Processor, Auto Claims

They have a horrible work/life balance. They require you to work multiple shifts and even if you have kids in daycare and it closes before your late shift at 9pm they tell you your options are to quit or find a new day care. They are seriously the worst place ever.

I've worked here almost one year. Everyone I've met has been great. There are a lot of women in my department, and I've formed some relationships with women who work "downstream" who seem to be doing well. I don't know the exact percentage of women in management, but I have seen a lot of women in management positions in my relatively short time there.

Women Review State Farm for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of State Farm by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 22 reviews Company Website Insurance Lady Yemaya77 anon1385 Lady Tech-in-Training Madam Executive Lady songbird Lady Sweeper Lady anon340 Lady anon58