Claims Processor

Auto Claims

They have a horrible work/life balance. They require you to work multiple shifts and even if you have kids in daycare and it closes before your late shift at 9pm they tell you your options are to quit or find a new day care. They are seriously the worst place ever.

I've worked here almost one year. Everyone I've met has been great. There are a lot of women in my department, and I've formed some relationships with women who work "downstream" who seem to be doing well. I don't know the exact percentage of women in management, but I have seen a lot of women in management positions in my relatively short time there.

Lady LovelyLocks

I've worked here over 3 years, and though I've seen women enter lower management, I'd say mid-level and upper-level management are predominantly men. Unfortunately, I believe that maternity leave is paid for up to 2 months, and you're "safe" for another month (but it's unpaid) - according to friends who have been on recent mat leave.

Lady peacock33

I have worked here for just over 3 years, in two different departments. From what I have seen so far, women are treated equally as men. There seems to be an even spread of male and female in middle and upper management. Although, I haven't had to take maternity leave, the amount of time allowed is generous.

Lady Hibiscus

Communications Specialist

Public Affairs

Generally, State Farm is a solid, stable employer offering good pay and benefits. Women are prominent in leadership, including executive. In my own career path I haven't seen any preferential treatment toward men and have numerous times gotten promotions and better bonuses than men in my area. The scheduling and time off policies vary drastically by department and are not at all family-friendly in the call centers. Mandatory overtime, time off blackout dates, inability to trade schedules and other issues have created a lot of frustrated employees. Paid maternity leave is capped at 6 weeks across the board.

Maybe. In my department and other support areas, yes, but in the call centers, no, due to complete lack of flexibility in scheduling and time off.

Lady Claims Manager

In the past this has been a very solid company with great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Recently State Farm has taken on a new management style and for now it is not being handled well. Production and "efficiency" drives are creating a cut throat environment, and eliminating the pride in customer service that brought meaning to our careers in years past. For 2015/2016, I would stay away. Here's hoping this Company will recover, as it used to be a great place to work.

Maybe. Only if they are single with no plans for children

Lady Lifeisgood

If you are willing to move every 5 years & can handle stress you will do well.

Maybe. yes but be prepared to handle high stress

Lady Mollygoose

It's not how good you are at the job and how much knowledge you have in your job but if you are willing to take courses and do outside work activities that will get you promoted. If you are a young Mom with kids at home or just want to do a good job in your department, you will not be promoted. You also have to be mobile.

Maybe. Only if you are willing to take their courses and move to any city in the country

Lady spark.story

UX Architect

ISD

You can work from home once a week. If you have to change the work from home day for personal reasons, managers are very flexible and understanding. This is a relationship-based organization with employee's respect towards their family life. People will understand any adjustments you need for your family. It is noticeable that the organization has a very high portion of women employees and people say it is because they can work and still raise their children with ease. There are also enough number of paid personal time off, sick days, vacation days, and limitless doctor days.

Lady Avi8trix

Claim Team Manager

It's still an old boys club environment, regardless of the current restructuring which is eliminating many jobs for both old boys and women. My leadership team is male dominated, lacking diversity. Very few people advance from my department - male or female. It's known as a place where old claims employees go to die. Several women have accepted lower level positions to leave the department. Men have successfully applied for lateral positions in other departments and have advanced from there.