State of Oklahoma

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at State of Oklahoma to join us.

Envision Healthcare Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are more white males at the top. I can't tell why this is but it's very noticeable and not encouraging. And then the women who are at the top are white too.

It depends significantly who your supervisor is. I am lucky at this point.

Not yet but the company has no policies specific to California which is concerning. My previous boss here was not great about pregnant women and career trajectory.

Travelzoo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a women, this is a fine place to work. There are a lot of women who work here and the company does a great job spreading equality.

Ciena Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Understand the country and the area where is she is going to work. Research as much as possible for internal references.

I think it depends on where do you work. There are departments designed to travel therefore more likely there will no women on them.

Increase number of women in engineering areas.

IBT Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

RUN FAR FAR AWAY. If you like abusive management and men who consistently degrade women unabashedly, then this is the place for you.

Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Typical, work as hard/harder than men, produce better work, get left behind.

Meijer Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

There are a lot of women working at Meijer in most of the departments at headquarters and they are working in all levels of the company. That being said, it is not what I would call a "supportive environment". Meijer is old school and regardless of the prevalence of women, still has that "Boys Club" vibe. My greatest advice is to seek out mentors actively and ask for specific examples when you're given feedback. Too often feedback will come in the form of "there's a perception issue" without context or how to improve. If you act as your biggest advocate and take control of your destiny you can succeed here, but there will be men that treat you like a PA or will take credit for your ideas if you let them.

Entercom Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company offers job sharing to people in sales roles if they are persistent and some have secured 4 day workweeks as part of their negotiation. They provided both job sharers full-time benefits and 60% vacation and sick time for a 3 day workweek until the 2008 recession and then changed their policy to not include benefits and a finite small number of sick/vacation days. The company does a good job promoting women into management positions. It is a smaller radio company and there was an extraordinary amount of turnover for the industry in management at the middle level and top level as well as weak moral and higher than usual employee turnover. I had on average 1 manager each year I worked there. The company seemed visionary at first but did little to encourage professional development and show employees that they cared about their well-being. There was above average employee turnover and poor moral and no real HR department to address issues. They were focused on duplicating a cookie cutter proposal and sales method with every move and proposal scrutinized by one to three managers resulting in a very inefficient, cumbersome way to do business that also showed employees how little they valued their talent and expertise.

National Credit Union Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women in management are mostly found in support divisions such as human resources. Of the five regions in the Nation, there is only one female regional director. There are career ladder issues such as gaps in grades in most offices between management and workers, which prevent promotion because promotion requires time in the next lower grade. Or opportunities are severely limited due to occupational specialty. Lastly, women are frequently bullied by male management. Eventually women must concede or the yelling just gets louder.

University of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The School of Social Work is great, but beholden to the State of Texas standards. The vacation and sick time are generous, and you can sign up for STD. Healthcare is great for you and dependents and there is childcare on campus, if you're enrolled. However, because it's the state of Texas, there is 0 paid medical leave, so you have to save your PTO hours up and use that. There are also complicated rules about how much sick vs comp vs PTO you can use in a week. While HR might tell you if you ask/dig, I made my own spreadsheet based on accruals and deductions from my PTO bank to try and estimate/limit my wage disruption. UT has 20k employees and a monthly class for retirees to access their benefits but no such option exists for anyone going on FMLA. So, you can do it well, but you have to work it (and save up your PTO). Also, my particular program had a terrible director in terms of EIQ and labor standards. So, it's a mixed bag.

Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As with many law firms, there are more men than women at the top levels, and there are many women in the support staff, especially secretaries. This law firm does not have many benefits to employees, and being an insurance firm, you would think it would have the best plans available for employees, but they have high deductibles and only a couple options. I have not taken maternity leave, but I learned that it is 6 weeks. Not fantastic, but something is something I suppose. They also don't have a matching 401k. Staff is generally paid very low, which I think creates low moral and low work ethic. But the environment is pretty relaxed compared to other law firms and although there is a lot of work to be done, people generally have decent work hours. You don't see too many burning the midnight oil.