Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Sugru to join us.

Environmental Defense Fund Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Think twice before you decide to come here to work.

Maryland Department of Information Technology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're focused and productive you can do well. There are no women in high-level management positions.

I have been working a 4x10 schedule for several years and I'm the only one in my department on this schedule.

Maybe. Depends on the department

Teach for America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Reviews with minimal critical thought are evidence of the cult-like culture TFA attempts to establish or bully into staff especially staff who did not do the Americorps teach for 2yrs piece. TFA is a white dominant culture organization where gay white males and white women promote and elevate each other. When it comes time to make cuts it impacts women of color. Their emphasis on "diversity" is dependent on funding, and is primarily for corps members and not staff. The initiative on staff for "diversity" is focused on black males to align with the current political landscape. White women in leadership are passive aggressive and breed a culture of gossip. White women and gay white males are cruel behind staff members back and fake to their face. Long-term staff are primarily overly privileged and pretentious. They exploit students of color, staff members of color, and corps members of color to push a false narrative o raise funds. Ultimately, the organization has done nothing to elevate low-income students. It is an organization created by the privilege for the privilege who have the luxury of being paid at nonprofit levels because they come from privilege and so they can feel better about themselves. Americorps funding needs to be removed from TFA, and those considering on joining the corps should seek alternative programs. If you're seeking TFA as a post-graduation opportunity because of the promises they make for your future don't do it. The org has gone down hill in it's connections and status and is no longer seen as recruiting the brightest and best. You have to already be an alumni with established experience.

TFA is a national organization where regions are autonomous which means reviews can differ a great deal. Furthermore, there is no consistency in the org which is why there is such a range of reviews. If you entered TFA as a corps member, your review isn't accurate from an employee level. I work on the HR side nationally and see the range of disturbing treatment of staff (mainly staff of color or those who do not fit the cult like culture) across the country.

Increased expectations of regional leadership

Cablevision Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

sucks place is too ghetto and like high school never come work here

LOF Direct Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lof direct is a great company. It was nice working with them.

LATAM Airlines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The executive level is very much a "boys club", so while the culture is good and supportive of women, if you come from a very US corporate culuture and background, this might not be the best fit for you as the Latin American macho heritage and culture is definitely noticeable in the day-to-day.

Maybe. This is a Latin America based company, so some cultural and society norms from the region definitely are still felt strongly in the office culture. I have a great male boss that is a huge supporter of women and moms in the work force, but it is a very male dominated company at the executive level. This company does have a variety of maternity leave options, including Short Term Disability, FMLA, along with the option to come back part time for your first two weeks, or even extending your FMLA to a total of six months, with whatever did not fall under short term disability unpaid.

Becton, Dickinson and Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a young female looking to break into a new industry, my specific experience was quite awful. I was taught quite a bit about the perils of a corporate environment and given the work of three jobs, to my one paycheck. In a conversation with HR, I was told that the environment at BD was "passive aggressive" and if I couldn't adapt to this particular brand of work environment (where nbobody tolerated honesty and openness and instead talked behind people's backs and gossiped like middle-schoolers), maybe this wasn't the place for me. Should have listened sooner!

Maybe. I believe that perhaps in other departments, individuals may have better luck. I was unfortunately placed under two female managers who treated me quite awfully -- they were catty and competitive to a fault. I personally never felt like I was being treated fairly and that, as a young female, I wasn't taken seriously in the workplace despite my solid work and work ethic.

BMO Asset Management Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Much like other firms in the financial industry, especially asset management, there is a SEVERE lack of women in the above-the-line roles, both in sales and in money management. As such, the standard tendencies of such environments were subtly present. Far more women in the support positions made for much more balanced teams at that level. But, in the end, when most of the Directorships are male, their world view prevails.

Maybe. The area was re-organized several times within a few years; conditions were very subject to the thoughts and opinions of one's direct supervisor, or that person-plus-one. Flexible work arrangements disappeared at the whim of those individuals. One director made statements to the effect that, "I can't tell you that coming in early and staying late is required, but...." -- other parts of the company were probably very different, but I wasn't interested in sticking around to figure it out.

Wipfli LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It really is a great company, LOTS of flexibility

Center for American Progress Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for three years and the attitude of the senior leadership is that it's best to squeeze and burn through young, idealistic staff regardless of gender, but of course that falls especially hard on women with young children. In that vein, during my time there different employees received different maternity leave benefits depending on how much they negotiated with HR, and were told not to discuss their benefits with others. I'm not sure if it's been standardized since. And although management is dominated by women, that does not translate into mentorship. In fact, younger women often seem to be viewed as competition and kept from opportunities that would help them grow and develop. Who your direct boss is makes a big difference in ability to grow and quality of life, but those things aren't institutional priorities for senior leadership.